Why not try this piggyback?

Who thinks this thread has gotten way off track and now suck really hardcore?

• Total voters
Super Matty P said:
I'm friends with Captain KRM and several others here and they have all expressed problems with the tuning.

thats interesting, he's never run the MPI... he has the haltech.

pdhaudio83 said:
thats interesting, he's never run the MPI... he has the haltech.
he has the haltech NOW....should I dig up the threads where he installed and attempted to tune the MPI?? I'm sure if he was reading this he'd be more than happy to point out his first hand experience.

p.s. Juan does post his own dyno's...hell he's posted 4 seperate ones in the past week.

Super Matty P said:
he has the haltech NOW....should I dig up the threads where he installed and attempted to tune the MPI?? I'm sure if he was reading this he'd be more than happy to point out his first hand experience.

p.s. Juan does post his own dyno's...hell he's posted 4 seperate ones in the past week.
Show me the one for his Protege then!!

Super Matty P said:

Please do. He never asked me for any help with tuning the MPI. Yes, show the post.

Focus said:
Show me the one for his Protege then!!

you'll have to ask him...the ones I've seen recently are for his new mazda 3 kit and a few for his turbo rsx.

I'm not Juan's keeper of information. I just know what I've seen.

p.s. MPNick use the search button your self you douche. (poke)

Super Matty P said:
you'll have to ask him...the ones I've seen recently are for his new mazda 3 kit and a few for his turbo rsx.

That's because he's never posted any on his car. And BTW mine are posted and so are my time slips.

matty-Does juan's protege run a shot of nitrous also, thought i saw this floating around on a thread, but juan doesnt tell people(i guess to make his kit look better?), i have yet to see juan;s dyno for for his car either only a video...

Super Matty P said:

What you mean is your just full of BS. You have been called out. So put up or shut up. Do not post BS and then not back it up. That is the problem here. You post BS because you are in bed with someone, then when you get called out you have nothing to show for it.

Ask Azian6er how great the Haltech unit was. He could not even start his car right when it got colder. He sold the system. I hear this is a big problem with the standalones.

As for dyno sheets, how come I hear about a 300 plus car but I never have seen a dyno sheet on one. I do not give a s*** about a Accura. Alot of people can run 12.50 with spray.

LOL matty- i LOVE how you say " blah blah i can prove it" then say
"use the search button"
(rlaugh) (rofl) (laugh)

CLASSIC. you have NOTHING to prove. and please, show me the post where captainkrm installed the mpi, I USED THE SEARCH and cant find it....

ok, from what I have seen of the MPI, it looks like s***, the software was not working, the Mpi would not hold maps when tuned and overall the car ran like ass, this was on a car that had been tuned by someone that knew what they were doing with the MPI
Matty was mistaken about ken using the MPI, but Ken and I have seen the MPI first hand, and what we saw was not very pretty, and again MPNick, this is what I have seen with my personal eyes

I think the ONLY thing that MPnick will admit is that he is a complete and utter cock when anyone bad-mouths his tuner

Aricjm15 said:
ok, from what I have seen of the MPI, it looks like s***, the software was not working, the Mpi would not hold maps when tuned and overall the car ran like ass, this was on a car that had been tuned by someone that knew what they were doing with the MPI
Matty was mistaken about ken using the MPI, but Ken and I have seen the MPI first hand, and what we saw was not very pretty, and again MPNick, this is what I have seen with my personal eyes

I think the ONLY thing that MPnick will admit is that he is a complete and utter cock when anyone bad-mouths his tuner
It was the laptop not working not the software. No has problems with the software, when they have a laptop that works right. Yes the car will run like s*** when it is tuned wrong or when they have problem with their car. Yes you were very smart to notice that. What about all of the other people that have it and love it?

MPNick said:
It was the laptop not working not the software. No has problems with the software, when they have a laptop that works right. Yes the car will run like s*** when it is tuned wrong or when they have problem with their car. Yes you were very smart to notice that. What about all of the other people that have it and love it?
his laptop was running well enough to show us that the MPI was running the car
what about all the people that use it and love it? I dont hear much from them, they should post more often. His MPI WAS tuned by someone that had it running well, by a person that "liked it" and did not have problems

Aricjm15 said:
yep. btw the problem with my mpi was not my car or wiring, it turned out to be a bad turbo module. so no whoever keeps saying otherwise is wrong. was it wired wrong, yes. was that fixed, yes. all my other problems have occured AFTER the mpi was installed and subsequently removed.

im not interested in aruging this point anymore so i wont bother to respond but i am just stating a fact.

im not saying any of any EMS is great because i only have first hand experience with the mpi. the fact of the matter is, that the MPI is used well by several members, but it does have a lot of problems...

most importantly, its sold with the implication that it is an easy EMS solution, when in fact its not. the only people that have it consistently running are people who have done more than one EMS, and even some of those people cant get it to run correctly (have to use the FM clamp, only use it to control timing, etc). also, its a damn shame that nick will supposedly help anyone, but when i POLITELY asked him a question he told me that i purchased it from MAM so thats who i had to deal with. period. so that pissed me off and i think probably beau as well.

pdhaudio83 said:
or the people that have it and dont say anything
Alot of people do not post things. I know of someone who tried to tune the MPI with his MAF installed backwards. I would think anyday his MAF will take a s*** from that.

As for people with the MPI not posting about problems. It may be because they are trying to fix their car first to see what the problem is. Did you every find out why your laptop did not work right?

I think some people do not post about their problems is because they are afraid of big bad MpNIck telling them they are an idiot and such

yeah, the software corrupted my windows system32 boot files so i had to reinstall windows. havent had the problem since i havent used or installed the software since.

at least i've had a functional laptop for a while :)

Matthew said:
most importantly, its sold with the implication that it is an easy EMS solution, when in fact its not. the only people that have it consistently running are people who have done more than one EMS,.
Almost all of the people running the MPI are first time tuners. They have never used or tuned any other system.

Back