Who's gonna be first???

StuttersC said:
H&R in Europe has a suspension set up that lowers the 5 40mm...

Then there is the AutoEXE option. Don't try spirngs for the 3 because the rates are different and could give you adverse handling...
The H&Rs, do you have a site for these?

Brian MP5T said:
Why can't you just get the suspenion for the Mazda 3?

Rear spring rates are very different between the Mazda5 and the Mazda3. Running spring rates that are designed for a different car can lead to adverse handling charateristics that you don't want.

Kind of the reason why some spirng makers have diferent rates for the Protege sedan and the Protege 5....

StuttersC said:
Rear spring rates are very different between the Mazda5 and the Mazda3. Running spring rates that are designed for a different car can lead to adverse handling charateristics that you don't want.

Kind of the reason why some spirng makers have diferent rates for the Protege sedan and the Protege 5....

No, I understand that, but why not get Tein-SS and swap it out for their stiffer springs.

I have the Tein-SS but ordered springs from Japan with a diferent rate.. This could be done to get a jump on the manufactureres who are too slow to match the demand...

Brian MP5T said:
No, I understand that, but why not get Tein-SS and swap it out for their stiffer springs.

I have the Tein-SS but ordered springs from Japan with a diferent rate.. This could be done to get a jump on the manufactureres who are too slow to match the demand...

OIC, I missed what you were getting at last time.

Um, I think the rate on the rear of the 5 is less than the 3...Oddly enough

Pot Holes

Watch those pot holes folks. I hit one Wednesday night and it blew out both driver's side tires. I was out of town and the only tires I could get were Continental contacts. Fortunately the wheels survived and so did we considering it happened on the Long Island Expressway outside of New York City at about 70mph. Bottom line is that the low profile tires are not forgiving. There goes that $500 check!

Yes, AutoExe would be best :D

http://autoexe.co.jp/car/Premacy(CR)/premacy(cr).html

mcr700soucyaku.jpg

$430 some dollars.

Last edited:
Tushawn said:
Watch those pot holes folks. I hit one Wednesday night and it blew out both driver's side tires. I was out of town and the only tires I could get were Continental contacts. Fortunately the wheels survived and so did we considering it happened on the Long Island Expressway outside of New York City at about 70mph. Bottom line is that the low profile tires are not forgiving. There goes that $500 check!

Wow - that totally sucks!! (Note to self - stay off the LIE and all roads in/out of NYC) Ahh, yes, pothole central - and it's just gonna get worse after the winter salt/plows/etc.

Still - I'm considering lowering in the summer - first I have wheels/tires to contend with - gotta work on getting a winter wheel/tire combo - thinking of going 16" painted steelies - then in the spring/summer - put some decent driving tires on the 17"s and lowering it - ahh - that $500 check just doesn't reach far enough!!

We had our first snow the night I got the blowouts so i didnt have a chance to drive it in the snow. On wet days it the front wheels spin fairly easily so I don't think it will be getting such good traction in the snow. I would love to get a snow tire package and not worry about salt on the wheels.

love the idea of lowering it altough i have a few hot rods already and i lowered my vibe with hotchkis springs love it handles great the 5 may stay factory height love the look and wheels 17"s from factory and nice looking ones to boot cant beat it heres a few photos of my Black 5 and Vibe GT

Attachments

• 05 Vibe meet 029.jpg
    05 Vibe meet 029.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 05 Vibe meet 047.jpg
    05 Vibe meet 047.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 161
  • FIRST WASH!!!!!! 013.jpg
    FIRST WASH!!!!!! 013.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 184
  • FIRST WASH!!!!!! 010.jpg
    FIRST WASH!!!!!! 010.jpg