whom has black protege 5 with black altezza tail lights??

yup. Racing Hart C5's. 215/35/ZR/19

very nice choice! I wanted to go 19's but the guy that sold me my 18's said it would get into the way of totally laying out on bags.

whats your offset? the wheel gap looks perfect!!!! I think it would normally take someone a few tries with different wheels to get it that good.

have you ever thought about doing some black on those rims?

altezzas only look good on is300's, evo8's, and mazda6's which they all come stock with them.. every other car = rice especially on hondas

very nice choice! I wanted to go 19's but the guy that sold me my 18's said it would get into the way of totally laying out on bags.

whats your offset? the wheel gap looks perfect!!!! I think it would normally take someone a few tries with different wheels to get it that good.

have you ever thought about doing some black on those rims?

not sure about the offset but with rolled fender I am able to tuck the tires complete with out rubbing the fenders. But the tokico blues bottom out when I adjust the eibach ground controls too low. I just leave a one finger gao between the tire and fender.

I plan on pianting the stars black and pilishing the lip but i have to refinish the rims first. I scratched the sh1t out of all of then and could care less about hitting curbs at the moment. Got to save about $600 to get them repaired and painted.

Maybe these:

http://siteground207.com/~protegeg/product_info.php?cPath=281_21_31_128&products_id=452

But like the guys said... if you like them, its your ride so go for it.

I'm looking to upgrade my tail lights to something a little sharper. Want to replace my red stock lights for a darker looking light to match the theme I got going on. Found this thread, but after the discussion of possible pics of the Altezza's on a p5, I was unable to find any. Does anyone have any pics and any updated opinions since the last comments on this thread? This link brought me to a set of lights that have a silver type ridge. Can anyone tell me, is that just the reflection of the light or how it looks in person? Hard to tell. I need some feedback.

Also looking for black or darker type headlights. I don't want to modify my current headlights. I've got that suggestion and seen the links and threads for that. That mod won't cure my foggy lenses.

Any suggestions?

I'm looking to upgrade my tail lights to something a little sharper. Want to replace my red stock lights for a darker looking light to match the theme I got going on. Found this thread, but after the discussion of possible pics of the Altezza's on a p5, I was unable to find any. Does anyone have any pics and any updated opinions since the last comments on this thread? This link brought me to a set of lights that have a silver type ridge. Can anyone tell me, is that just the reflection of the light or how it looks in person? Hard to tell. I need some feedback.

Also looking for black or darker type headlights. I don't want to modify my current headlights. I've got that suggestion and seen the links and threads for that. That mod won't cure my foggy lenses.

Any suggestions?

Your options for darker tails are buying the black alteezas, tinting your OEM's with nite shades or applying vinyl (ie: Rockblocker or Bluebatmobile). Or you could buy the JDM tails which resemble the sedan lights (mostly red with a clear lens in the middle for the turn/reverse lights).

Here are a couple of pics of mine without overlays/with overlays and stock bulbs/with overlays and chrome coated bulbs.

As for foggy lenses, you could try to polish them. If that doesn't work start a WTB thread and watch the f/s section as they come up here and there. Or you could bite the bullet and buy a new pair. If you don't mind a little re-wiring you could also swap your headlights out for the MSP lights. Oh, also threw in a pic of my painted headlights. ;)

Attachments

• P5 Alteeza - Unmodified (6).JPG
    P5 Alteeza - Unmodified (6).JPG
    436.4 KB · Views: 178
  • P5 BB Turn Signal Overlays (1).JPG
    P5 BB Turn Signal Overlays (1).JPG
    510 KB · Views: 193
  • P5 - Chrome Rear Turn Signals (1).jpg
    P5 - Chrome Rear Turn Signals (1).jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 210
  • P5 Black Headlight Close Up.jpg
    P5 Black Headlight Close Up.jpg
    480.7 KB · Views: 184
Thanks for the quick turnaround advice and pics. FYI you might want to black out your license plate in the third pic.

I like it. Forgive my ignorance, but what's an overlay?

As for the headlights. I will probably bite the bullet and buy a new set. I have attempted polishing and so did my detailer yesterday. They look pretty bad.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick turnaround advice and pics. FYI you might want to black out your license plate in the third pic.

I like it. Forgive my ignorance, but what's an overlay?

As for the headlights. I will probably bite the bullet and buy a new set. I have attempted polishing and so did my detailer yesterday. They look pretty bad.

Thanks again.

NP.....meh not to worried about the plate. I have posted others without it blocked and so have others.

An overlay is just vinyl that you can buy in several different colors for your lights. I have the smoked overlays for my fogs, turn and reverse lights. Applying them is very easy. You wet the area you want to apply the vinyl to with some soapy water, peel the backing and then apply the vinyl to that area. The water will allow you to slide the vinyl into the final position. Then you use a hairdryer to 'stick' the vinyl while using a credit card or other hard flat surface to remove air bubbles.

If you are going to buy new contact Jason at http://www.onlinemazdaparts.com
He is a vendor here and sells both US (chrome) and Canadian (2003my IIRC - black) headlights.

**edit**Not sure if the pricing will still be the same but check this thread out for the factory black ones http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123673492&highlight=black+headlight

Last edited:
I don't recall the part number but the pricing is in the link I posted above.

I'm gonna track you down, now that I got your license plate.(poke)lol.

Thanks for the overylay education.

They sell the black housing on this site :http://www.apt-autoparts.com/cgi/pag...3678/3878/3885

HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY, LH- BLACK BEZEL for PROTG 5 '02-03 (OEM #: BP4F510L0)
HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY, RH- BLACK BEZEL for PROTG 5 '02-03 (OEM #: BP4F510K0)

Had those stock! Hehehe :D Canadian P5 FTW! Althought I'll have to rewire my DRLs before installing the HIDs...

EDIT: Just seen this is an old thread, hope this helps anyway!

Last edited:
Back