whom has black protege 5 with black altezza tail lights??

could check out my sig links. My car is not really black but u can get an example of what it looks like on a dark car.

just don't go with the 'carbon look' housings they truly look bad, even on a black protege5

I am against the alteza's off Ebay. But, I am very very tempted to pickup a set of the black ones to strip, and custom in a full LED setup like those offered on the 3. Basically gut out the altezas, fab up a shapely box to fit inside the housing, and install probably 20-30 led's for brake and turnsignal. Anybody got a set of alteza's they'd like to donate for such a cause?

Tylor

ya know, this is his car...if he wants Altezas, he can get them, i dont think the black ones (not fake CF) look halfway decent and would match a dark P5 better than the chrome

hi guys
thanks for all info. I had a chrome altezzas but i didnt like them so i put the stock back. I was just thinking about the black one (uhm).
thanks

do you still have the chrome tails? i'd like to take em off your hands to make the led setup

tylor

why not take the chrome ones apart sand them down and spray the chrome black. If you took them apart you could nightshades the inside of them so you don't have to clear coat them after and it would keep the gloss look on the lens.

can someone please answer this question for me!! i haven't try it yet but im about to do it this weak end.... i want to smoke my headlights my question is

++do i have to take the front bumper completely off to take the headlights off??++ im just asking because i saw in another thread where someone took the front bumper off to smoke his headlights........

can someone please answer this question for me!! i haven't try it yet but im about to do it this weak end.... i want to smoke my headlights my question is

++do i have to take the front bumper completely off to take the headlights off??++ im just asking because i saw in another thread where someone took the front bumper off to smoke his headlights........

Define 'smoke'.

You can

A) Apply Rockblocker smoked vinyl on the outside lens or
B) Paint the inside of the housing black.

Option B) does require removal of the bumper to remove the headlight assemblies from the car. You then have to bake them at approx 200f for 10-15 minutes and pry them apart. Then you unscrew the reflector part from the chrome housing. Sand them down, wipe them off, paint and let dry. Put back in oven to warm the adhesive and then press back together. Optional to use some silicone to help prevent condensation. Reinstall assemblies and then bumper.

That is a very quick run through of the how-to. If you do paint them, I recommend viewing the actual how-to thread first as I may have left out a step or two.

Back