Who knows how to rotate tires without using a 4-point lift?

truck-lift.jpg

Sure! The scissor jack will work, it's a bit trickier to place and not as convenient as a floor jack, but it's doable for sure.

Remember, safety first! Don't have any of your body parts underneath any part of the car while working on it, especially if you're not supporting it with jack stands.
Im taking your suggestion since you solved a decades old question I have asked and pandered for years -an NO other mechanic or co-worker Ive known or at dealers as EVER had an answer that made sense -

its sheer brilliance -- thanks again ....Im using the floor jack on the rear end like you said, and since its awd its on the rear diff.......Im waiting until the gas tank is down to 1/8th to reduce the slightly uneven fuel load-- Im guessing about 130 lbs give or take -

I used a 4x4 by long enough to allow me to lift one side of my vehicle. Sort of like the truck picture.
Switch front to back and visa versa. Do both sides then lift the front and do a LF to RF and same as rear. Lots of effort and with my AWD it's not worth the effort according to my tread depth gage. Ed

Last edited:
Im taking your suggestion since you solved a decades old question I have asked and pandered for years -an NO other mechanic or co-worker Ive known or at dealers as EVER had an answer that made sense -

its sheer brilliance -- thanks again ....Im using the floor jack on the rear end like you said, and since its awd its on the rear diff.......Im waiting until the gas tank is down to 1/8th to reduce the slightly uneven fuel load-- Im guessing about 130 lbs give or take -

I wouldn't worry about the uneven weight balance, your floor jack will handle it just fine.

Back