Who is getting Black for their MSP?

MSpeed..
thanks for the information about the HKS SSBOV. i'd like to hear it on your car one of these days! Is this your first mod that you will be doing to your car?.

I am in almost complete agreement with MSpeed. Don't get me wrong, the most I would push the boost is another 2 or 3 psi. The first thing that is going in is an EGT Gauge and a boost gauge. Those two are essential. They are very important. I have some mods ready to go on, but they won't go on for some time as I do not want to void my warranty.

I am sure with proper fuel management and a good boost retard computer you can push the boost up quite a bit, but you will need new injectors most likely. I am guess on that last bit.

Actually my BOV is a JDM ARC BOV. It doesn't recirculate. If you go over to the DSM boards you will find many a discusion over the recirc vs atmosphere debate. The problem with BOV that vent to the atmosphere is that it will dump air that has already been metered and the car stumbles and runs rich...not good for inbetween shifts. I am going to work out a way to get this BOV to recirc. Most turbo cars vent back into the intake to keep the stumbling down. I do not know how the MSP vents at this point. If it vent to the atmosphere then I will just throw my BOV on.

-Jeremy-

Oh, and yes, my sig is close, but I like it cause it has mazdaspeed over the top. I see yours is the exact same, but without the MS across the top.

-Jeremy-

np limited edition... actually yea, the BOV will be one of my first mods just cause i have a brand new one layin around in the garage but honestly i dont think its important at all. but as soon as its on ill definately let u check it out ;)

oh and prophet i dont know where you got your info about the running rich and stumbling with an open atmosphere BOV. i have never heard of anyone running into this problem before and i dont think that itll be an issue. please correct me if im wrong

Again, as I said, check the DSM boards. The stock 1g 2g BOV vent back into the intake. The problem lies that the MAF or Air Meter measures the air, when the BOV vents that already metered air to the atmosphere the air that was meter for the motor is no longer there presenting a rich condition.

I cannot speak in terms of the MSP because I don't know how it is setup. But on most turbo apps that aren't aftermarket the reason why don't ever hear a BOV is because the air is vent back into the intake stream post MAF. It is a weird concept but the S/C's do it too......

-Jeremy-

yea, i can see your reasoning but the amount of air that is released is very small so i dont see how it would have such an adverse effect. my car doesnt have a maf sensor so ive never run into this problem personally but my friend has a WRX with an aftermarket BOV venting to the atmosphere and it had no effect on the car whatsoever. both the WRX's and MSP's BOV's recirculate air back into the intake after the maf sensor. maybe someone could shed some definate light on this

Back