Which type of spark plug socket to use for a Mazda Cosmo Eunos 93?

Teishi

:
Mazda Cosmo eunos
Hi everyone,

I tried to remove the spark plugs on a Mazda Cosmo 1993 model 2.0 twin turbo but couldn't with a 16mm/21mm socket, what type of socket or tool would i need?

Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I tried to remove the spark plugs from my Mazda Cosmo 1993 model 2.0 twin turbo but couldn't with a 16mm/21mm socket, what type of socket or tool would i need?

Can anyone help me?

I used a long ring spanner if I recall, and an absoloute b**** of a job but I have to say easier than a 13b Cosmo as I have had to remove plugs on both

somebody on here might know of an easier way, but once loose you can screw it out easy enough with your hand, but a lot easier if you are double jointed(whistle)

forgot to ask, wherabouts are you in the UK? and when did you buy the Cosmo and was it already in the Uk or did you import it?
Frank

Its based in London. It belongs to a friend of mine, it was given to him by a relative from Japan.

its just a normal socket if u use oem type plug. If u use different plugs u need a thin walled socket or a normal one thats been machined down so its fits in the hole. PITA!!!!

Much better off using the oem BUR 7 EQ and BUR 9 EQ plugs.

I tried a normal spark plug socket but i can see a lip on either side of the hole and the socket cannot get a grip of the spark plug.

So a thin socket is needed, what size socket would i need to use? So if i have the spark plugs replaced, is BUR 7EQ the code?

Thanks for the help everyone!

I just use the one that came with my socket set! Must be cheap n nasty thin bugger! Lol

More importantly how about some pictures of your car and are you having fun in it?

Kramer

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me where would be the best place in the UK to buy them from? Because they don't seem to be available in Halfords or Eurocarparts

Can anyone tell me where would be the best place in the UK to buy them from? Because they don't seem to be available in Halfords or Eurocarparts

you can get them on-line with next day delivery,, I cant recall the Company I think they were based in Chester,, you could also try a Mazda Dealer but probably a bit more expensive as the same plugs as an RX7, don't mention Cosmo or you will confuse the hell out of them

you can get them on-line with next day delivery,, I cant recall the Company I think they were based in Chester,, you could also try a Mazda Dealer but probably a bit more expensive as the same plugs as an RX7, don't mention Cosmo or you will confuse the hell out of them

In Australia if you go to a dealer for parts, (except the legendary DAZDA at Gosford), they make the sign of the cross and start saying hail Mary's, if it's anything to do with a rotary!

Kramer

Back