Which sensor is which?

To hornsfan10609:
Ok, if u didnt read it right, they are modifying the stock intake....which makes it NOT Stock. I've read it before and it's a pain in the a$$ and a waste because there is still too much piping.

I took off all the plastic piping before the MAF and stuck on a filter that sucks in air from 350 degrees. Yes, the stock piping starts in a high pressure zone, but that only counts when ur actually driving. that extra piping pretty much slows down the air going into the pipe from the high pressure zone.

My method is better because there is no extra piping to slow down the air. It just sucks in air and giddy-up. no delay

Ur method that you just showed us is a modded stock intake, and not stock with a k&n drop-in like u said.

The thing most people don't consider is that when the engineers at car companies design cars, they are not designing race cars. They have a lot more considerations than just performance. Fuel consumption, driveability, comfort, and countless other things are considered also.

With that being said, I don't really see how those folds effectively increase torque in a way that would be beneficial to the motor's performance. I'm pretty sure it's just easier to make the intakes that way because of a cost issue from the viewpoint of the car maker. Those bends allow the intake to be adjusted without new pipes being necessary.

yeah i know i was just stating that racing teams dont use stock intakes. they are restrictive, and are look more intimidating than what they can actually benefit.

i'm home sick with swine flu and i'm having trouble trying to explain it so nevermind. A stock intake with a cut grille and K&N filter and all the mods they did in the autospeed.com link will probably make more power than most setups.

Last edited:
i'm home sick with swine flu and i'm having trouble trying to explain it so nevermind. A stock intake with a cut grille and K&N filter and all the mods they did in the autospeed.com link will probably make more power than most setups.

I don't think it will make more. On the other hand I don't think it will make any less either... (screwy)

I feel like the stock intake that seals the heat from the engine bay and takes in cold air from the front of the car will be better than a vatozone filter stuck on the MAF sensor. There isn't much airflow to the filter on a short ram intake.

I feel like the stock intake that seals the heat from the engine bay and takes in cold air from the front of the car will be better than a vatozone filter stuck on the MAF sensor. There isn't much airflow to the filter on a short ram intake.

well to my understanding from the enthusiasts i talk to down here, Cold is denser air for burning fuel faster, but warm air is good too cuz it burns the fuel better aswell.

To be honest i believe u are right about the airflow, but its the same with a CAI. unless the fog lamp is uninstalled on that side. I believe in the volume theaftermarket intakes can suck air from, not the air flow. Shorter pipe, less distance. bigger filter, more air entering no matter what.

CAI are more for response time while driving. lol I just really liked the SRI better for sound, and i'm on a huge budget, and it rains in florida like crazy so i'm also afraid of hydrolock

well to my understanding from the enthusiasts i talk to down here, Cold is denser air for burning fuel faster, but warm air is good too cuz it burns the fuel better aswell.

wtf? that makes absolutely no sense at all.

wtf? that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Cold air is dense cuz it's more oxygen molecules packed together in one place. Denser air, more hp output.

warmer air helps some with fuel economy. It doesnt give as much hp output as colder air though.

Make sense?

EDIT: i DID say it weird lol i just read the other post myself :p sorry

Last edited:
I know that cold air is more dense and makes more power, but warm air doesn't give you better fuel economy.

it does if i'm driving :p and i punch my car weekly to merge into heavy traffic.

"To counter intake heat problems, many short ram intakes include some form of heat shield. Moving the intake inlet port further away from the engine block will also help to alleviate the problem and some users use a cold air intake where the inlet air is at or close to ambient temperature. However, others claim that Short Ram Intakes (SRIs) or similar Warm Air Intakes (WAIs) offer benefits over Cold Air Intakes (CAIs) which include better MPG due to a more complete burning of fuel"

short rams run the risk of leaning out the mix, but still like i stated, it burns the fuel better.

I punch my car too, it won't move unless the pedal is on the floor, but my other car is a Bullitt Mustang, so i'm used to having some torque.

I punch my car too, it won't move unless the pedal is on the floor, but my other car is a Bullitt Mustang, so i'm used to having some torque.

WELL HELL thats a mustang vs a pro5! but what i emant is that i am still saving gas, and i am driving my car a little harder. so the warmer air on this car does not affect the performance in a negative standard.

Back