Which Satellite Radio Do You Have?

Which satellite radio do you have?

• Total voters
Please vote, I'm trying to get an idea of what whether or not Mazda owners have satellite radio, and if they do, which service they use.

If you do have Satellite, tell us what you think of it and whether it's worth it and why.

I have Sirius. I love the channel linup. If you want to know why I have it, its because iIdrive an hour to work and local radio had commercials that consumed about half of my drive time. Sirius has no comercials which equals a much more plesent drive.

Another reason is that, I live in the midwest and I get to hear the new stuff that Is always released on the coasts befor it gets here. I don't hear half of the great music that is played on Sirius on local radio.

Sirius channels 20 Octane, 21 Alt Nation, and 63 Area63 are my favorites.

i have sirius in my mp3 and i have to say, i dont understand why more people dont have it. you can hear so much more music. you hear stuff on sirius that you dont hear on the "free" radio. for instance, i like the band Chevelle, which if i did not have sirius, i would not even know who they were.

with my dishnetwork satellite tv they run in conjunction with Sirius so i get a handful of stations, and i really like Sirius, my buddies have XM and its alright but between the two id get Sirius. I like sirius Faction, siriusBackspin and Hard Attack to name a few. When i get my Panasonic HU into my P5 i will definatly get Sirius.

I've had XM since its first week of conception until recently. Found the channel "faction" on sirius and loved it ever since.

I'm on sirus and love it. The reason I got it was because the MSP came with a "sirius-ready HU, and I got the tuner, antenna and installation free!

the main reason I got satellite (XM) was because I wanted access to electronica any time, which exists just about nowhere on the radio. The XM and Sirius channels seem to be comparable, as far as electronica goes. However, if you like Modern Rock (staind, nickelback, perfect circle, etc) like my wife does, Sirius kicks butt. It has a channel called Octane that plays a lot of good stuff, but XM doesn't seem to have a channel that keeps up.

I also have Sirius with my Dish Network.

you lose reception if you go into a car wash, under a bridge, just about any solid mass over you, but a few seconds after you move, it comes back on. imo, it is worth those hickups!!
--sampson

true, i am torn often between my ipod and xm as well

I made mp3s of all my cds, transferred a bunch off my buddy's mp3 player, and downloaded a bunch of electronica from my brother (stuff I wouldn't know how to get anyways).

Itunes downloads are in AAC format, which is a lossless format. Supposed to be quite good, but not mp3s.

I had xm for three weeks and I ripped it out beacuse signal quality sucked and they played the same 20 songs over and over and over again. I was skeptical of the whole sat radio thing until I got the mazdaspeed protege deal with sirius (free tuner and antenna, even though I didn't own an msp). So I tossed it in my old grand am in march, and transferred it to my 6 when I got that in june. I love it. I'm hooked on octane, alt nation, and faction, ocassionaly skipping to espn radio, the comedy stations and shade 45 when I'm going to center city philly. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of sirius. XM didn't really do it for me.

Latest posts

Back