Which JIC Coilover ?

FasterP5

:
2003.5 P5
Which JIC Coilover should I get ?

JIC FLT-A1 or JIC FLT-A2 ?

Our P5 is primarily freeway (commuting) driven, some autoXing,
and quite a lot of very brisk mountain driving.

I've got Eibach ProKit springs on stock dampers right now.
Didn't seem to change ride quality very much from stock,
but did cause a noticable improvement in handling.

Are you set on getting the JIC's?
If not, the Tein SS coilovers have been very good to me, and they are in the same price range. From what I've picked up lately, JIC's customer service hasn't been all that great.

What you need man are not coilovers but better and stiffer struts. Those alone will let your car handle a lot better than with the stock dampers. Less pricey and take the money you save and get a better rear sway bar setup.

if you're set on the JICs, then you're just deciding wether or not the price difference between the A1s and the A2s are worthed to you. You'd be able to dial in the A2s much more specifically vs. the A1s, but the A1s are somewhat adjustable, which could be more than what you're looking for.

quick question - the JICs both come with pillowball mounts, and the TIENs don't. Wouldn't this mean that the camber would get all messed up if you lowered the car more than 2 inches or so? Is there a pillow ball mount you can get to go with the TIENS?

my A1s will be here on the 11th -- they are slightly custom -- little softer spring in the front than standard -- standard is 6kg front and 4kg rear -- mine are 5kg front and 4kg rear -- not much a difference but i did it in hopes for a little smoother ride on the freeways ---

after i get them on and i fond i dont like them -- i'll sell them to ya (wink) hehehe

Hopefully you'll be tired of them by April 22 ... I can
just put them in my carry-on heheheheh . . . .

I'll be up in the Portland area for the Oregon Trail Rally
(rally racing)

just kiddin ... let me know how they work out !

Have you ridden with anyone who has A2s or A1s ?
(I like your idea of slightly softer springs)

no i have not riden with any one that has them -- i wish i could have before buying --

im trying to be really optimistic -- but in my head when you look at it --- stock spring rates are around 135ish lbs and these are going to be 280lbs and 240lbs -- that right there tells me i wont like them -- but i have also heard that higher numbers Dont always meen stiffer ---

so i really--really have my fingers crossed that i didnt blow 1200 for nothing cause even though they are new -- i wont be able to sell them for that --- but o well s*** happens then you move on --- hehehe :)

sorry -- changed my mind -- the drop looks sick -- but the ride is WAY too stiff for my taste --- so im putting my stockers back on :(
Damn -- $1200 for 60 mile test drive --- boy was i stupid :( but i had to see for myself i guess ---
another lesson learned the hard way (smash)

so i might sell these -- let me know if your interested
FasterP5 said:
Hopefully you'll be tired of them by April 22 ... I can
just put them in my carry-on heheheheh . . . .

I'll be up in the Portland area for the Oregon Trail Rally
(rally racing)

just kiddin ... let me know how they work out !

Have you ridden with anyone who has A2s or A1s ?
(I like your idea of slightly softer springs)

Back