which is your favorite modification?

Karma_hunden

:
'04 protege, then '05 mazda 3i, then '06 MS6 GT, now '10 RX8 R3
Mine is the ghetto MBC MS6Mike made me lol

btw, does the short throw shifter and the motor mounts have any noticeble difference performance wise? (when straighline racing (from a dig, roll, etc))

the motor mount makes lots of noticeable difference as does the twm ss with bushings. i have the awr mm 88D and it really firmed it up and made shifts more smooth. there isn't a lot of added vibration either, nothing that would drive you crazy, just slight vibrations if you bog down or a little under 1000 rpms. the shifter also firmed things up. people will say bushings are worthless but i drove with and without them and there definately was less play in shifts with them installed.

which of the two should i buy if I want to be faster?

Im thinking of either getting those two or just a test pipe.

btw, anyone looking for good mods, Downpipe and intake are a good combo. Have in mind you might need a fuel cut defenser. Get a mbc and pump the boost up to 18psi and its a great combination!

my favorite mod is my scanguage :)

i like numbers, so its fun for me to watch

buy both. the awr motor mount is like $65 and a shortshifter is like 130-140 from PG

karma my Mikes perfomance mods are not gettho. I just use materials of less cost to reduce production cost and increase profit margins. And most important you are faster now biyacth

Right now my fav mod is my winter wheels/tires. Went to Ct for the weekend and it was raining the whole trip...While going thru NY the rain turned to ice... Saw many cars/SUV on side of road from spinning out and my Speed6 was glued to the road thanks to the Blizzaks WS60s....

Mine so far is the motor mount. It did make a huge difference. And while I was researching it lots of people said it made lots of vibration. It doesnt! Its a little vibration at really low rpms, like Bova80 said. I also have the test pipe and that was nice. Made a little rumble in the exhaust and it made a pretty noticeable diff in the power. I am going to buy my SS in the next 2 days and ill post how that feels when i get it..

A lot of things I like very much. My CP-E MAFci gives a good power increase. My MS STS gives a much improved shift feel. My Injen catback gives a nice sound and looks great. But my favorite is probably my KW coilovers, just makes the car an absolute joy to drive, not that it wasn't before.

OP pretty much left it open ended. I don't see why non Mazdaspeed 6 owners can't chime in.

well after taking off the FMIC to clean it and putting the stock intake and intercooler back in all i gotta say in..... MY CAR IS SLOW AND THE FMIC is the BEST investment i made so far.

I'd have say easily the RPM "Street" springs, from the first test drive after install I was astounded at the difference from stock and love what it has done for the car, but I also enjoy the TWM shifter and SU BOV along with the 19's...love it!

well after taking off the FMIC to clean it and putting the stock intake and intercooler back in all i gotta say in..... MY CAR IS SLOW AND THE FMIC is the BEST investment i made so far.

are you putting it back on?

Back