which headers to buy?

But good luck finding one and when you do be prepared to drain the bank account. Def. worth the money though, if you have it.
Here you go man, if you are interested. Just scroll down and you will find it

http://www.astina gt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11736&page=4

Last edited:
well right now im prolly going to buy the M2 header. I could buy a lot of stuff for as much as some of those name brand headers cost ya know? Im wanting a better than stock header, not a racing header
haha

You guys know that OBX was well known for making complete garbage. Most, if not all of their products were crappy knockoffs - on par with aforementioned eBay headers. Are they really that good compared to say, Apex'i, HKS, AutoExe, etc. or is it the only half decent product available?
OBX was the only header I could find at the time. I got the radiator hoses and couplers for my intake to match. Looks good and has held up for years with minimal wear...

Last edited:
Yeah, I have had an OBX header since 2005. It wasn't coated so it's not the prettiest thing but it sure as hell has done it's job flawlessly and it's still got plenty of life left in it. They suck so much I got a 2nd one with 3 bungs in it for whenever my lazy ass decides to put in my piggyback and wbo2 setup.

Wow... I must be getting old. I don't recognize many of the users in this thread...

But yeah, what was previously said is true. There isn't a lot of aftermarket support for this car, and being that the car is now 10 years old, and the engine even older than that, there likely isn't going to be any new products in the future.

Unfortunately, this car doesn't react amazingly to mods. You'll get a few hp and a lot more exhaust volume, but that's about it. Don't expect a huge increase in power.

Awww_yeah.jpg

im not expecting alot of increased horsepower, im aiming for the more exhaust. I imagine my car breathing like we doo....gota let her breathe better. Right now i replaced my "breathing through a straw" exhaust and next is the "something stuck in my throat" headers. Let her breathe better thats it:)

just get a obx header! iv had it on my 1.6l and hit it on the bottom with a rock and it never cracked!

ummmm that brand isnt the worst but obx is alot better iv had intakes and headers from them an i never had a problem with them... but go for it, i never heard anything bad about m2. who knows!

ummmm that brand isnt the worst but obx is alot better iv had intakes and headers from them an i never had a problem with them... but go for it, i never heard anything bad about m2. who knows!

why do you say OBX is a lot better? they are all knock offs..

and OP Header not headers..

Back