Which exhaust should i get?

thanks to all of u, i think im gonna go with a corksport CBE for now cuz its gonna be winter soon and canadian winter is just a b****, im gonna get the DP next summer

You can always flash the ecu back to stock with the AP and Hypertech tune before taking your car to the dealer.

The dealer can void your warranty for an intake. Forget the warranty and have fun with your car. I would never go back to stock unless I was selling the car, The AP makes the car much more fun to drive.

agreed. I only run a stage 1 on my AP and I reflashed to stock for a trip to the dealer. Needless to say I could not wait to get out of there and reflash back to stage 1.

If you are worried about warranty you might as well forget about decent bolt ons...like that downpipe.

Or maybe get the Mazdaspeed CAI from the dealer or a third party vendor. It's simply a rebranded AEM, but as rebranded with Mazda logo, it is an OEM Mazda option and will not void warranty. Put on a catless test pipe (you can switch back to stock catted midpipe in less than 30 minutes), and do a simple Hypertech tune. You can switch it back to stock in 5 minutes. My guess is that with those three mods you'll easily drop a full second off of your 0-100 mph times, and can be dealer friendly in a flash (pardon the pun) if you need to be.

But, yeah, a dp is a warranty killer. Even simple SRI's and aftermarket bov's or bpv's (not necessary anyway), have voided warranties. With any mod except official Mazda parts there is the risk of losing the warranty.

With so many things in life, if you can't afford to pay, then you shouldn't play.

Last edited:
0-5hp from catback...if that...stock exhaust is pretty free flowing
downpipes can get you 20+hp

essentially the cbe is pointless unless you want the sound. I'm not bashing it, I want a deeper sound too...but no gain+$350 or more= lose IMO

But I like the sound of HKS hipower or CNT the best, although I agree that corksport is probably highest quality

I agree with^^^ but with the CBE you are wasting your money if you dont do your DP first, after that is a good idea to complete your TBE, good luck

When I bought my car, the dealer had installed the Mazdaspeed CBE (along with the homelink mirror, the aluminum gas door, and a tint). The car was his showroom demo for all of the customizations he could put on the car. I absolutely love the way it sounds. It has a great burble, and it is totally drone free on the highway.

so i know its a little old and i have been throught the enrire thread but i was wondering if had problems with installing the GHL exhaust. I know that a few do but then on the other hand a few dont. so what the deal? Also, I cant seem to find a decent sound clip of it. It doesnt seem to be that popular of a cat back and i was wondering why.

^ +1. I have been wondering the same thing. A certain performance parts supplier that starts with S and ends with unit has them at a great price. There is a good clip of it somewhere on youtube and I think it looks the best, nice angled tip. But the last couple of reviews have reported bad fitment.

so i know its a little old and i have been throught the enrire thread but i was wondering if had problems with installing the GHL exhaust. I know that a few do but then on the other hand a few dont. so what the deal? Also, I cant seem to find a decent sound clip of it. It doesnt seem to be that popular of a cat back and i was wondering why.

I had professionals install my GHL and they had to bang and bend the hell out of it to get it to fit. Still isn't a perfect fit but it does sound great. Have to modify the plastic on my bumper a tad to keep it from melting (pipe touches the plastic). GHL is just inconsistent from my research. No matter what brand or car. Vettes, Vipers, or Mazdas

i got the CNT exhaust great sound and best price out there too. especially with a mod fr little HP gains.

corksport, customer service is outstanding also, been a long time since a company person has called and asked if I had any questions, or problems with my purchase. Turbo back, great sound and perfect fitment.

Since I'm just about finished tuning the suspension for my DSP MS3, the off-season plan is to add a little horsepower. I just ordered the Cobb DP and Mazdaspeed CBE last night. I know the Mazdaspeed CBE will not add any horsepower and it is more expensive than the Corksport, but I ended up getting a good deal on it through the Mazdaspeed Motorsports site.

Latest posts

Back