Which engine do I have?

May sound like a dumb question, but I just had the motor in my 6 replaced with a JDM motor(KLZE). Due to the differences between the A-spec (KLDE) and the new motor (intake manifold, fuel rail, timing cover, EGR, and crank sensor (I think that's it))...they switched all of that over from my old motor to the new one. So now the question is, due to all the swapping over, is it a DE, ZE, or hybrid? Like I said, it may sound like a dumb question, but it's been bugging the crap out of me trying to figure it out.

What kind of car do you have? Most of the things you named wouldnt have to be swapped. What makes a KLZE, a true KLZE is KL31 cams, KL31-101 square port heads, and the 10-1 comp pistons. The intake manifold is also different.

I have a 93 MX6. I thought that it would be a straight forward, but the guys at the shop swore up and down that those parts needed to be swapped because the new motor didn't have them. They told me that there was no EGR valve on the motor so t mine would have to be transplanted. Also, the Japanese motor's crankshaft position sensor is located in the computer and not on the motor, so that had to be switched over. Using the curved neck manifold was something that I was looking forward to but that one wouldn't work with my VAF. I'm just learning about this car, so I'm not very familiar with all the ins and outs of it.

Back