Which car will you pick from the 2?

I have an RX-8. I test drove everything from the M3, S2000, 350z, STi, EVO, blah blah blah...

Are you a mazda fan? I am. The look and feel of the RX-8 Won me over. THe EVO and STi have basically the same look in my opinion. Both are based off of the lower model sedan in each manufacturers line. The S2000 is a breed apart. I just can't do 2 seats anymore. Same goes for the 350z. 350z is a parts car though. Same engine across the nissan line. Great car (fast as heck, just dull from the tech perspective. M3 - well - hello - awesome, but about 20K that the rest of the cars listed here.

The RX-8 offered the interior refinement, the zoom zoom factor (mazda buff), the handling that none of the others can match (read the top gear article). Ever heard drive for show putt for dough? Fast in a straight line is great, but if you can't turn - well.....

That is my 2, no, more like 6 cents.

Skuz

p.s. Also have a P5. Another great car. Handles better than the WRX (I have tested this - my brother has the WRX)

skuzbucket said:
I have an RX-8. I test drove everything from the M3, S2000, 350z, STi, EVO, blah blah blah...

Are you a mazda fan? I am. The look and feel of the RX-8 Won me over. THe EVO and STi have basically the same look in my opinion. Both are based off of the lower model sedan in each manufacturers line. The S2000 is a breed apart. I just can't do 2 seats anymore. Same goes for the 350z. 350z is a parts car though. Same engine across the nissan line. Great car (fast as heck, just dull from the tech perspective. M3 - well - hello - awesome, but about 20K that the rest of the cars listed here.

The RX-8 offered the interior refinement, the zoom zoom factor (mazda buff), the handling that none of the others can match (read the top gear article). Ever heard drive for show putt for dough? Fast in a straight line is great, but if you can't turn - well.....

That is my 2, no, more like 6 cents.

Skuz

p.s. Also have a P5. Another great car. Handles better than the WRX (I have tested this - my brother has the WRX)

Yes, I agree that the RX-8 has the best handling.

And yes, 350Z is fast, but the cheap plastic interior is horrible.

We just haven't got a chance to text drive STI and S2000 yet. I guess we will do that after the new year.

BinaryRotary said:
They don't care about cash. Cash doesnt make them any money, financing does.

not true they could care less what you pay with or downpayment with. the dealership doesnt benefit from giving you a high or low interest rate. in reality they would like you to have a lower interest rate, its more likely to get you closer to the payment you want. the thing is, with a lower interest rate the bank may want more money down. so the dealer may try to sell you at a higher interest rate so you dont need more money or better credit. otherwise the dealer might have to "knock off" more money off the sticker to simulate money down. its kinda tricky but we did it all the time at the dealership.

as for not letting him test drive, i can totally understand that. we never let people move our corvettes, and you had to have 18 months time at the company to sell them or even park them. think about it: the only dealership here has one evo. if i let someone drive it and they ****** it up, how screwed would i be :)

the STi owns the other 2, speed, offroad handling, SCOOB BLUE, and an in cockpit center diff control that you can't go wrong with

If your friend is looking at the MX-5, tell him to wait for the Mazdaspeed version...same base price as the LS and gobs of power, looks, etc. Plus he'd get that whole rarity thing going on.

misbehave said:
One salseman in the Belleville Mits deal even dump enough to quote the movie 2 Fast and 2 Furious (and he even got the name wrong) to try to prove that the Evo kick ass..........

Um... 2F2F used an Evo VII, not the current Evo VIII (which I'm assuming your bud was looking at). The only thing they did w/the current evo was pimp it out in a documentary. They added like 40k to the car in after market parts - turbo, FMIC, suspension, interior, etc. They had it on the dyno and they DIDN'T even show the results! WTF?

Oh, and I'd vote for the RX-8. STI is nice but I feel Subaru overprices their stuff just a little... and Evo? Nah. S2000's are cool, but like mentioned 2 seats can leave a family guy short on room. So get S2000 if that's not a problem, otherwise RX-8 baby!

LZ

Last edited:
GO WITH THE MAZDA!!! I SPENT 800 ON MY 1ST GEN AND PUT ABOUT $3,000 INTO IT. PORT THE ENGINE MY SELF, SELF TUNNED THE HOLLEY. IM AT THE RACES EVERY WEEKEND AND I STILL HAVENT FOUND A SUBARU THAT CAN BEAT ME. YOUR FREIND SHOULD BUY THE RX-8 DRIVE IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND THEN IF HE FEELS THAT ITS "TO SLOW" GO CARB. WITH THE NEW DESIGN OF THE MOTOR THE BEST THING HE CAN DO IS GO WITH A WEBBER AND ADD A COUPLE OF SPACERS. FOR EACH SPACER U ADD THE PEAK H.P. IS LOWERED FROM 300-600 RPMS.

300HP12A said:
GO WITH THE MAZDA!!! I SPENT 800 ON MY 1ST GEN AND PUT ABOUT $3,000 INTO IT. PORT THE ENGINE MY SELF, SELF TUNNED THE HOLLEY. IM AT THE RACES EVERY WEEKEND AND I STILL HAVENT FOUND A SUBARU THAT CAN BEAT ME. YOUR FREIND SHOULD BUY THE RX-8 DRIVE IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND THEN IF HE FEELS THAT ITS "TO SLOW" GO CARB. WITH THE NEW DESIGN OF THE MOTOR THE BEST THING HE CAN DO IS GO WITH A WEBBER AND ADD A COUPLE OF SPACERS. FOR EACH SPACER U ADD THE PEAK H.P. IS LOWERED FROM 300-600 RPMS.

REMOVE THE GLUE FROM YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY

Well right now the EVO is the ultimate street car it has beat damn near anything in a comparo and when it comes down to it myself being a past impreza owner I would pick the EVO. Anyone in the market for an EVO should just be patient and find the right dealership that will treat them right. I like the STI but its a sloppy ride compared to the EVO its kinda like the MSP and SRT4. And the RX8 is a sad resurection of the RX line. I would take a FD or FC over any girly 8!

Seriously, misbehave, check out this thread for some more great reviews/comparisons :) :

http://www.mazdamp3.com/vbb230/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45899

And FWIW, I prefer rear wheel drive to all wheel drive. At the least, I'd have to say that does it for me, but there is so much more ingenuity put into the RX-8 that would win me over. (thumb)

To me, when you take a few steps back and look at each car, the RX-8 is SO not the normal 4 door econo box with added power that most other import "pony" cars are.

Well Put Diane. The 8 Is a Totally new design and look. People just have not gotten used to it yet...

skuzbucket said:
Well Put Diane. The 8 Is a Totally new design and look. People just have not gotten used to it yet...

Why thank ya! *takes a bow*

It's just a total package IMO. All you have to do is get used to revving high (which should be no different for me as I cruise the miata at about 4-5K).

This is what Mazda is about; innovative design, class, and handling. To me that's what makes a sports car. You can always add power, but to have a car that is like no other as far as features and design goes, that's what makes it unique.

You have to admit the freestyle doors are just awesome. Way to go for Mazda for once again bringing abstract to life!

God I love Mazda...

Back