Where To Get Acoustic Material - Canada

Shasta

Contributor
:
2003 Pro5
I want to pick up some acoustic material for my P5 in Ontario, Canada? B Quiet or Dynamat or equivalent none absorbing.

Last edited:
dynamat extreme (first) futureshop will rape you, try visions, they usually give good deals

Thanks guys, yeah dynamat is just too expensive when I can get a similar product for much less. Appreciate the info. Yup missed the group buy. How much do you think it will take to do the floor?

Last edited:
you get what you pay for...
I suppose you don't use "expensive" shielded rca cables for your amps either,
cuz they work the same as cheap ones (glare)

Last edited:
Lets be reasonable here. Cables... Yes, I can see the reason to spend more... Dynamat vs B-Quiet.. Come one, it's Goopy s*** with a silver cover vs. Goopy s*** with a name brand plastic cover.

There is no High-Tech here.. They both stop the veh from vibrating and expanding.

Mr.Ames said:
you get what you pay for...
I suppose you don't use "expensive" shielded rca cables for your amps either,
cuz they work the same as cheap ones (glare)

Your analogy would work if you were comparing dynamat and cigarette tin foil. I'm only after a little added noise reduction without the cost, thats all. The extra money I save will allow to get a short shifter kit too.

Brian MP5T said:
Lets be reasonable here. Cables... Yes, I can see the reason to spend more... Dynamat vs B-Quiet.. Come one, it's Goopy s*** with a silver cover vs. Goopy s*** with a name brand plastic cover.

There is no High-Tech here.. They both stop the veh from vibrating and expanding.

its aluminum cover. and the be-quiet stuff is the same as brown bread. brown bread is crap. my buddy tried to use some and it kept falling off his trunk lid
"Note: Brown Bread has been replaced with B-Quiet Ultimate"
you have to use twice as much to be as effective as the dynamat cuz its alot thinner. so really, ur not saving any money unless you're doing it half-assed. better than nothing i guess. your car not mine :)

Mr.Ames said:
its aluminum cover. and the be-quiet stuff is the same as brown bread. brown bread is crap. my buddy tried to use some and it kept falling off his trunk lid
you have to use twice as much to be as effective as the dynamat cuz its alot thinner. so really, ur not saving any money unless you're doing it half-assed. better than nothing i guess. your car not mine :)

Luckily I'm not doing any top surfaces cause that would be the s**** if it kept falling off, just the interior floor so should be ok under the carpet. Just wanted that little bit extra but if I was putting together a quality sound environment the Dynamat would have been the cheap part of that install and the obvious choice because I do agree that you do pay for what you get on almost any product.

Mr.Ames said:

Nothing is gonna stay stuck upside down I don't care what it is. Here in TX when it gets up to 100+ and the humidity is in the 90% range, forget it. Dynamat vs. B-Quiet or Brown Bread (whatever you want to call it), they both do the same job. Read around the net and you'll find many people don't feel the need to pay the ridiculous cost for Dynamat.

Tasty said:
Nothing is gonna stay stuck upside down I don't care what it is. Here in TX when it gets up to 100+ and the humidity is in the 90% range, forget it. Dynamat vs. B-Quiet or Brown Bread (whatever you want to call it), they both do the same job. Read around the net and you'll find many people don't feel the need to pay the ridiculous cost for Dynamat.

only suckers pay retail, and my whole car is dynamat'd including the roof. I don't have any problems with it not sticking.

most people don't feel the need to pay the ridiculous cost for monster cable either and then they b**** about their tv not looking as good as it did in the store. well guess what! we dont use the bad cables that come in the box. my house and my whole car is wired with monster cable too

i'll stick with my previous statement. you get what you pay for. thats all i'm saying, doesn't mean you have to agree with me

Back