Where to find a built FS engine?

benben84

:
2003 Black Mica MSP, 2007 CWP CX-7, 2004 JBP WRX
Well I was so happy today cuz I got to pick up my new MSP but on the way home I threw a rod shifting to second two blocks from my house. It's the worst sound I have ever heard! Anyways, The car had been running on 1 bar(14.5psi) and before I drove it home I turned it down to .5 bar(6-7psi). That really didnt matter though, I guess the engine had enough of it. Anyways, to make a story short, I'm going to need a built short block. Anyone know where to find these?

My current mods:
Ion Performance FMIC
ROn Davis Racing Radiator
Greddy BOV
Generic MBC
MAM Tubular Manifold
Ion Performance 3in. Turboback Exhaust
Greddy Boost Gauge

Please help a depressed tuner!

Last edited:
Mental Addiction Motorsports Has it (**************************.com) and has the parts if you want to machine it yourself.

thats where i got mine.

Heres the link

Last edited:
Mental Addiction Motorsports, seach here on the forums and you should get a wealth of information, that and they also have their own sub-forum.

Welcome to the forums. :)

********** has them as well. Just get a regular protege block, buy the parts yourself, and have a local machine shop do all the work. Just my suggestion, but you may not know of any shops in your area.

You've got a nice mod list, and with a good built engine you can put down some serious power. MAM is the way to go from what I've read (and I read a lot). It's about $3000 plus core IIRC.

man that really sux, sorry to hear that.

but it sounds like you'll be able to rebuild her better than new.

Back