Where to buy: P5 Roof Rails

Tried searching and found to much stuff to sift through.

I have a roof rack that straps right onto the roof of my P5. I have no factory roof rails now. I want to get the roof rails and then I'll deal with getting the attachments for the rack to connect to the rails.

Tried some searching online for where to get the roof rails, not much luck.

Anyone know where I can find these? Not feeling like heading to the Mazda dealer for them...

http://www.onlinemazdaparts.com

Call the number and ask for Jason. He provides a decent discount and awesome customer service! Oh, he is also a vendor here on the forums.

I will also add that when I need to get something through the dealer I will buy it from him vs my local dealer!!!

Yakima, ftw. I have the rails and still use the aftermarket rack. It is much stronger, more stable, etc. And it looks better off and on.

friends.jpg

Yakima, ftw. I have the rails and still use the aftermarket rack. It is much stronger, more stable, etc. And it looks better off and on.

What rack do you have? I'm also looking for rails like the OP (Canadian car) but if the rack you have is better, perhaps that's the way to go.

Thanks in advance.

Yakima Q Towers, Q 102 Clips, 48" Cross Bars and then you can put whatever mounts you want up there. For the basic rack, you are looking at about $300. I switch between bikes for summer and snowboard/skis for winter. The price is a bit high, but if you care about your car and gear, it's your best bet.

I have the kind of rails that I bought with my Protege 5 2002. I am willing to sell them.

PM Sent.

Edit: Oops, Apologies to the OP for hijacking this opportunity. I'm pleased to step aside on this one if you wish to buy bananavan's roof rails. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Roof Racks

Apparently I need to clarify...I easily have the cross bars for the P5. I am not sure what the implications are to taking off the factory installed side rails. They are not visible but hidden under a strip on the roof. Anyone know what would happen if you take those off? Would the car leak afterward?

You have to pull the headliner to get at all the mounting hardware. Then you need the roof strips from a car without any rack. It's a bit of work, but people have done it. Probably would be easiest to meet and swap both in person.

You have to pull the headliner to get at all the mounting hardware. Then you need the roof strips from a car without any rack. It's a bit of work, but people have done it. Probably would be easiest to meet and swap both in person.

I'm not sure if this is true for Canadian spec cars.

The roof rack was an option on our vehicles and lots of them came without roofracks at all. From the little bit that I have heard from my Canadian Mazda dealer (and this all could be wrong.....because I don't have a roof rack and am looking for one), the Canadian Roof Racks just bolted onto the car and my dealer says it's about 10 minutes to unbolt and the whole thing is off. I could be wrong though.

Back