Where is the Intake Air temp Sensor located exactly?

M2P503

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hi every one where is the Intake Air temp Sensor Located exactly? Im installing the X2 Performance chip on my 2003 Protege5. If some one can send me a picture of its exact location and description of it. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Hi every one where is the Intake Air temp Sensor Located exactly? Im installing the X2 Performance chip on my 2003 Protege5. If some one can send me a picture of its exact location and description of it. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

It is located in the airbox, if you open the airbox it is either under the filter, or in the top of the box. Looks like a piece of plastic with a ball on the end...

Why shouldn't i install the X2 performance chip? I herd its pretty good? It tricks the ECU into thinking that the Engine runs cooler which increase's the timing and gives you more horse power.

Why shouldn't i install the X2 performance chip? I herd its pretty good? It tricks the ECU into thinking that the Engine runs cooler which increase's the timing and gives you more horse power.

because its been proven that its a scam and you wont notice anything you wont even get 1hp out of it

Yup that is the same idea.

The ecu reads the data that the sensors provide it to run ideally in those conditions. So when you put a resistor on the iat your telling the car the air is colder and it starts running for conditions that aren't actually happening. They have been proven to do nothing significantly advantageous and in most cases just make your car run worse.

If you want some more power out of your and you have a 5spd then look into the mp3 ecu reflash. It doesn't give you a lot more horsepower but the power curve is much better. I never had it but people say it is the best "bang for your buck" mod for staying n/a.

i bought my P5 with one on it, took it off the other day ya know what happened? Nothing they are junk dont waste your money!

Thanks for letting me know. I already bought it. Id hate to return it although id like to see how it works hopefully it doesnt Ruin my ECU

Thanks for letting me know. I already bought it. Id hate to return it although id like to see how it works hopefully it doesnt Ruin my ECU

It's not going to ruin your ECU, it's a 5 cent resistor in a fancy package...

Instead of wasting time cutting up your IAT wire harness to install it, just return it already.

Your wrong i just installed the X2 performance chip on my 2003 Mazda protege 5 today and i have at least 30 more horse power! I love the difference ! This car launches the second i step on the gas peddle! ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Im sorry to here that . What was the make of yours? The one i installed today on my p5 protege is an X2 performance chip and i love this thing! This car launches everytime i step on the gas peddle! I get like 30 more horse power at least its Awesome!

Im sorry to here that . What was the make of yours? The one i installed today on my p5 protege is an X2 performance chip and i love this thing! This car launches everytime i step on the gas peddle! I get like 30 more horse power at least its Awesome!

lmao dumbass

woooow you should totally install at least 2 more (yupnope)

Why do you have to say such bad things man? That's not cool. Im sharing something positive and you have to write something bad for no reason at all. If your going to write bad things then just stay off the forum! Your Negative feed back isnt helping any one here!

It's a shame you have to write bad comments about me. Im just mentioning some positive feed back ive had with this chip and your just making things worse with that comment. Thats not cool man!

Back