Where do you put your phone mount?

Should be able to. But don't use suction cup holding on to the rubberized dash surface. It'll cause permanent round mark according to people who had tried.

+1 This is what my research found: risk of permanent mark on CX-5 dash!

+1 This is what my research found: risk of permanent mark on CX-5 dash!

For sure, the sunction and adhesive is very strong. For those that have a suction cup based mount either use a separate attachment piece or heat up the sunction cup area before removing, otherwise it will rip out the dash.

Should be able to. But don't use suction cup holding on to the rubberized dash surface. It'll cause permanent round mark according to people who had tried.

You can use it on the center speaker grill and it wouldn't leave any mark. Makes the phone harder to reach though.

I use one of those magnetic holders that slides onto the vent. There is a very thin metal plate that sits behind my case and "sticks" to the mount. Works well for me, never falls off or moves no matter how hard I drive.

I use one of those magnetic holders that slides onto the vent. There is a very thin metal plate that sits behind my case and "sticks" to the mount. Works well for me, never falls off or moves no matter how hard I drive.

Can you please post a link or pic?

I know this doesn't help answer your question, but I had an Alpine iLX-007 stereo installed with Apple CarPlay. One of the best things is no more phone mount. All the phone info comes right up on the 7 inch screen of the stereo. I just plug my phone in and sit it in the center console.

Back