Where can I find "HOW TO" for component speakers setup in a P5?

I, too, highly suggest the JL TRs and VRs for that amount of power. Also check out the Boston Acoustics FS80s. The TRs and VRs can be had for 120 and 200 respecitively at woofersetc.com. They say they'll hold to the warranty. But you must listen to any of these before you decide...You'll also need a spacer fabbed to install them, but that's not hard to do.

hmmm...you went from components to very much not. They'll fit no problem, I would think. Have you heard them before, though?

if there's a tweeter or sound advice near you check them out as well. Also, look at jl audio's website and use their dealer locator to find local guys near you. Chances are, a JL dealer will also carry a bunch of other good stuff.

I can't decide which one I should go with!!!! (boom04) Are good quality components that much better than high quality coaxials? Examples..Alpine Type R and Infinity Kappa 5x7 or 6x8 coaxials.

If I go and test out those speakers.... coaxials and components, I'll be more confused.

I remembered when I got new speakers/HU and replaced my stock speakers/HU, the SQ was so much better. Will I hear that big jump in SQ if I go with components?

Regards
John

servoeyes said:
if there's a tweeter or sound advice near you check them out as well. Also, look at jl audio's website and use their dealer locator to find local guys near you. Chances are, a JL dealer will also carry a bunch of other good stuff.

hmm...it's hard to say. Depending on what your coaxials are, then you might be fine just sticking with them. But components, especially higher quality ones, will get you better separation between frequencies. You will get a clearer sound and more...*fullness* to what you listen to. You really should go listen to speakers though. Make yourself a mix CD with a bunch of stuff that you listen to normally. Bring it to a shop and pop it into the HU and start comparing speakers on each song. Find the ones in the *top* (or otherwise) of your price range that you like the most and buy them, but not before you listen to some coaxials to compare as well...if you find that the coaxials you have are just fine, then stick with them.

yeah.. there could be some coaxials you like better, but IMO I have always liked the components better. they sound way better to me. like servo said.. you have to listen. the only advantage to coaxials is the easier install. so if they sound good to you.. I mean sound better than components then get um. if not stay with the components. bout that simple. get what you like

There is only 2 question you need to ask, "How do I like these speakers sound" and " will they handle the power I want to give them".

Thats it. Go to the store, listen to various speakers. Then when you know which one you like the sound of, get an amp to match and your good. Typicly a company has a coax and component version of there speakers and often they are very similar. Componets are more flexable, coax are easier to install.

Back