Where are MSP Racing Harts Made?

blizzard

:
02 Protg 5
I am planning on bringing a set of 2003.5 MSP Racing Harts accross the boarder into Canada. They will need to know the country that they were manufactured in. Any idea?

Any one who has a set, they should be stamped on the back.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

japan, i think. could be wrong and mine are at home in the garage so this post is esentially gay.

I looked at mine just now - there is no "stamp" or anything that specifically says they were made in Japan. However, there is a 'J' preceeding the 17x7 rim size stamp; and that J signfies that the rim dimensions were published by the Japan Automobile Tire Manufacturers's Association (as opposed to Europe, or America, or whatever). I don't think that guarantees that the rim was made in Japan but I do believe it makes it extremely likely.

RacingHeart and Enkei are the same company...so it was manufatuered in Japan...thats my best bet.

Enkei also makes alot of Mazda rims.

blizzard said:
I am planning on bringing a set of 2003.5 MSP Racing Harts accross the boarder into Canada. They will need to know the country that they were manufactured in. Any idea?

If you say they were made in the USA then it will come in duty free ( you will still pay PST and GST ) if you tell them Japan you might be looking at 13 % duty on top

blizzard said:

When you buy them in the USA, get them to give you an original invoice with price you paid and have them mark on that invoice the country of origin (USA). Even of they were made in Japan, try to get them to write on the invoice "Made in USA"

If you do not have an original invoice with country of origin on it, Customs can refuse the items into Canada.

g/l and let us know what you paid (exchange and taxes...) thanks

Back