When will the 2011 CX9 be available?

IslandTractor

:
2010 CX9 GT Silver/Blk
I'm still circling and expecting to buy a CX9 shortly but am wondering when the model year change over is for Mazda. I would have thought after Labor Day but just saw that Honda is already selling 2011 Pilots.

Anyone know what Mazda's general pattern for incentives is for current year vehicles as we close in on the new model year?

Are there any anticipated changes for 2011? I cannot find anything on any of the car news sites.

Its only May so you might be a few months early. We took the zero % financing and put more down payment in the bank. When it's 0% why pay more upfront?

The 2011 Pilot coming out so soon guarentees no changes to the Honda. I doubt any changes would be made to the refreshened CX9 in 2011.

Its only May so you might be a few months early. We took the zero % financing and put more down payment in the bank. When it's 0% why pay more upfront?

The 2011 Pilot coming out so soon guarentees no changes to the Honda. I doubt any changes would be made to the refreshened CX9 in 2011.

I agree. I am just wondering if the early introduction of the 2011 Pilot puts some pressure on Mazda to sweeten the pot a little earlier than expected. It is also wishful thinking as I haven't gotten my act together in time to take advantage of the current zero percent finance program this month and am keeping my figures crossed that they don't withdraw that in June.

I'll probably get a 2010 but would love to know if there will be any enhancements of the nav package for 2011 that might be worth waiting for. Love to have an updated HD system and SD card slot.

I agree. I am just wondering if the early introduction of the 2011 Pilot puts some pressure on Mazda to sweeten the pot a little earlier than expected. It is also wishful thinking as I haven't gotten my act together in time to take advantage of the current zero percent finance program this month and am keeping my figures crossed that they don't withdraw that in June.

I'll probably get a 2010 but would love to know if there will be any enhancements of the nav package for 2011 that might be worth waiting for. Love to have an updated HD system and SD card slot.

I can tell you it didnt have any effect on my decision to bypass the 2011 Pilot. We had an '05 and waited for the new style to come out hoping it would more closely resemble the MDX. It didnt - in fact I like the older styling better. Ultimately, we got the CX9 to replace the 05 Pilot and not the 2011 Pilot.

Buying a 2011 now means it will end up being a high mileage vehicle because you are driving it for 6 more months in the 2011 model year. Maybe if the 2011 was significantly upgraded but from what I see the Pilot is the same.

CX9 just had MMC in 2010 model.
Don't expect many changes for 2011 model.
Pilot will have MMC in 2012. Expect the 6-speed transmission to propagate to Pilot (finally). 3.5L engine will remain, while 3.7L is reserved for Acura MDX.

I am just wondering if the early introduction of the 2011 Pilot puts some pressure on Mazda to sweeten the pot a little earlier than expected.

Nothing Honda can do with the Pilot will put pressure on Mazda. It's a turd, and stupid people will keep buying it regardless.

Wait until the 2011s come out and see if they made any changes you want. (I doubt it). If not, then get a 2010 for a closeout price. If they don't have those additions, then get the Type B unit and replace it with a nice 7" after market NAV unit like the Pioneer AVIC Z110BT.

I'm in agreement that the Pilot is nowhere near as desirable as the CX9 but Honda is a major competitor and therefore Mazda must pay attention to what they are doing.

I guess we'll see Tuesday if there are any changes to the current CX9 incentive program.

If they don't have those additions, then get the Type B unit and replace it with a nice 7" after market NAV unit like the Pioneer AVIC Z110BT.

I haven't read on this forum of anyone doing that in a CX9. Any experience? Cost?

I've used the current CX9 nav system on a demo ride and frankly don't find it all that bad. I note that it is a year or two outdated compared to what MB and Acura at least are putting in now. Hyundai also has a HD based unit so clearly the market is shifting in that direction. It is not the be all end all and not exactly a must have but does seem to be the next evolutionary step.

Mazda isn't worried about Honda. They are still primarily a niche auto maker, producing a modest but well thought out product line. They sell to a specific demographic that differs from buyers of Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. Their target is people who want the same types of cars, but that are more practical yet fun to drive. Hondas and Toyotas typically are boring, and their "legendary" reputation for quality is mostly fabricated. Mazdas have lasted just as well, or better, but don't get the same glory. Mazda also doesn't try to manufacturer such a reputation, instead relying on their cars to do the selling.

As for replacing the head unit, it's not nearly as scary as it first appears. Now that kits are available, and head units are designed for modern car electronics, it's really just a matter of putting it in.

I recommend the Pioneer AVIC Z120BT because it will fit, the ease of install, features, price, and owner reviews (for the Z110BT). It has a very nice NAV system with 12 million POIs, full Parrot bluetooth, iPod interface, backup camera input, voice command even for the iPod, customizable display screens and colors, and is ready for SAT and HD radio. It also has a Zone 2 output, so you can listen to radio, etc in front, and send another source to the rear passengers.You can even find places on your iPhone and transfer them to the head unit for mapping. It even has Eco Drive which goes way beyond the standard trip computer. Also, the NAV is stored in the unit, not on a disc or card. The NAV updates are also a lot cheaper than factory discs.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...eo/In-Dash/GPS-Navigation-Systems/AVIC-Z120BT

I also recommend buying it from Crutchfield. No, I do not have any stake in them, but they have always gone above and beyond other sellers by doing their homework and putting together comprehensive lists of components and parts need for each specific vehicle. When you buy a unit, they include the adapter frame, harness, and vehicle specific instructions.

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_130AVIC120/Pioneer-AVIC-Z120BT.html?tp=27996

Just saw an Edmunds.com post about the 2011 model year changes for Mazda. Not a lot of detail but apparently the only notable changes for the CX9 are 1) change in style of the wheels (18 and20) and 2) slight change in fuel efficiency (they list 16/22 but don't clarify if this is the AWD or not which is currently listed as 15/21 I believe).

Again, this was a summary of some sort of press release and was focused mostly on the Mazda 3 but that is the only news I can get.

Doesn't sound to me like it is worth waiting for the 2011 given the probable disappearance of the 0% financing and likely above vs below invoice pricing deals available now.

Both Car and Driver ans Motor Trend indicate no significant changes which means there might be some added colors or, as stated, a variation in wheel design.

Back