Wheel Wax - worth it?

jcbtv

Is there any real benefit to using a Wheel Wax? Just about to get some new winter rims and was wondering if anyone could give the thumbs up or down? If up - any specific brand you recommend?

Some people wax their wheels some dont... I have before and it makes them pretty and dust/dirt comes off a little easier. It is an added layer of protection on a part of the car that takes a pretty good beating. Can not hurt that is for sure!

...and that added layer of protection not only makes it much easier to clean brake dust off your wheels, it also prevents the dust from STAINING your wheels. I'd say use it if you're on the fence about the quality of your wheel's finish. Otherwise, a liquid wheel wax will do just fine. just my .02

i wax my wheels about every 3 months. it works great and makes clean up much easier. i also wax the exhaust tip and it makes soot removal MUCH easier.
ive never used a specific wheel wax, your standard caranuba "cleaner" paste wax, i think meguires is what ive been using.
takes a little bit of elbow grease and jammed fingers to get into the nooks and crannies but it always makes them look purdy

You should be waxing your wheels as often as the car, otherwise there is zero protection on the clearcoat finish. The elements - which are much harsher at that height - will eat away at the finish rather quickly.

Haven't heard about wax just for the wheels; I just use a good cleaner and wax every 6 months.

Don't be anal! :)

I waxed the inside of my wheels before I had the tires mounted to make it easier to clean them. A bunch of the wheel weights fell off. Has happened multiple times, even though I tell the tire shop to make sure to get the wax off. So, maybe not such a good idea to wax anywhere a weight might be attached.

i plan on waxing my wheels before i put them away this winter..didnt pick any wheel wax till about a month ago.. been told it makes them easier to clean.. and that seems to be what everyone is saying here.. next year when i put my O.Z's back on ill be waxing them monthly..

I use wheelwax all the time making buttbabies with my boyfriend(boobs2)..........You guys use it for your wheels!!?

Back