Wheel Spacers...?

canock

Has anyone installed wheel spacers on their MP3? I am just wondering if it harms the wheel bearings or anything and also what the largest spacer is that will fit on the car with stock wheels and suspension.
I was looking at some that are 15mm and some that are 20mm. I just think it would look better if the wheels were flush with the fender flares on the car.

i was wondering the same thing. i think it will be bad for the wheel bearing. People here will just tell you that spacers are normally made to clear brakes, suspension and its not right to put spacer only for look.

i would really like to have some spacer in the back too.

I put some 15mm spacers on my Atenza (Mazda6) with stock suspension and stock wheels. The ones I bought were made in Japan and fits only the original Mazda wheels and hub (custom hub sizing) and it wasn't made with weight in mind.

Makes the wheel and tires flush with the fenders, and the wider track definitely improves cornering...but it was about an extra 2.5 lbs per corner and man, can you feel it. Heavier steering wheel, slower acceleration (increased rotational mass), bumps in the road are amplified. I wouldn't be surprised if it shortens the life of your suspension and not just the wheel bearings.

If you do want spacers to make the tire and wheels flush, find the lightest ones you can. I'm not kidding about the extra weight - I recently installed lightweight lugnuts on my wife's Familia (Rays wheels) and the difference was incredible. So promise yourself that the spacers will be temporary until you can buy a nice set of aftermarket lightweight alloy wheels.

For my Atenza, 15mm was as wide as I could go with the stock wheels. Probably similar for the MP3 OEM wheels but they might have different offset from OEM Atenza wheels and fender flare distance from hubs - I'm sure you can find the offset info on this forum. Good luck!

Last edited:
Here are pics of my car with 1/2 spacers...I also have different wheels then stock :)
MP3.jpg

2.jpg

here is for Style, but it nice find with wheels with right set up(offset,width,tires,suspension,etc) that you want and use spacers for fine tuning it. it depends on what you building. 17x7.5 with a +45 or +48 with 215/40/10 or 215/45/17 is good daily
Rota D2 18x8 205/40/1 set offset and added 10mm and fender rolling
w/o 10mm
DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

with
DSC01167.jpg

DSC01165-1.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

I don't believe spacers should cause any harm as long as you don't cheap out. I'm pretty sure some Porsche's actually come with spacers stock. I heard Eibach and H&R make some good spacers. Now I have a question! I'm looking for an aggressive fit without sticking out too much. I'm planning on getting a 17x7.5 rims with a +48mm offset with 215/45-17 tires, I'm currently dropped on Espelir springs (1.4 inch all around) thanks!

IMO go for like 7- 10 mm spacers iv seen some with those and its not to crazy lookin, but DEF makes it look better!

Sick, I'll probably go with the 10mm if anything. But now I'm at another problem, where to find wheel spacers for our car. The brands that I mentioned before apparently don't make spacers for our cars...I was checking on wheeldudes.com one of mazdas247's sponsors and apparently they have a set made from wheeltek, idk how I feel about that brand, never heard of them before. They're only 10 dollars too, seems a little too cheap. Let me know what brands you guys are using. I know they make two kinds of wheel spacers one that needs extensions for the lugs and one that bolts onto your existing lugs and offers a new set of lugs. I'd prefer the 2nd option if anyones aware of any companies for our car

yes i know of a site that provides the second option but i dont remember it right now, but... when you go with this option i think the smallest spacer is like 15mm, which is the route i may be going.

im running a +40 on a 17 x 7 rim, so that'll give me like a +25 offset with the spacers and iv seen others running 7" wide rims with like +30 to +25, and it looks sick, especially since they are lowered, alot

Back