wheel fitment

redpr5

:
2002 Protege5
i looked at rishies fitment recipe but i couldnt find info on the size wheels im lookin at.
ive found a set that i really like but they are 18x8 wiht a 38 offset, im thinkin that they are way too wide and the offset isnt high enough to even sit right under the car, but idk too much about wheels. so if someone could help me out id appreciate it.

Yup, Not enough offset. I ran 18x7.5 215/35/18 with a +48 and test fit 215/35/19 with a +45 and the both fit! (Not over my BBK) but they fit the car

Rob

thats what i thought. which sucks cuz i really like the rims. but oh well. time to find somethin else then i guess

you really want 18s on the wagon? IMO they are an over kill. you thought your car was slow now...try having that huge additional rotating mass with those heavy 18s:(

you really want 18s on the wagon? IMO they are an over kill. you thought your car was slow now...try having that huge additional rotating mass with those heavy 18s:(

very true. but im not in the quest for speed. but you are right about 18s being overkill, plus the roads out here really suck.

i did find another set just now made by dip wheels. and the website says that theyll fit the protege too. but i cant decide if i like them enough to want to by them.
opinions
http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=149999&InfoID=2505&ShowLarge=True

im likin these too, but i dont really want hyper chrome, id rather just have chrome
http://www.roxwheels.com/ROX05/RT2_HC.jpg

Last edited:
id say go with the second ones. i know we are all not in this for the quest of speed but i find myself thinking WTF when i try to pass ppl on the highway. our cars have very little power as it is and with even less id have to question my manhood...

id say go with the second ones. i know we are all not in this for the quest of speed but i find myself thinking WTF when i try to pass ppl on the highway. our cars have very little power as it is and with even less id have to question my manhood...

yea im thinking the 2nd ones as well.
and heh yea i hear ya about lack of power for real. i rode in my neighbors 06 GTO and then drove the protege......yeaaaa, talk about a hell of a difference. it sucked lol

IIRC, someone posted up recently about having some 18x8s with a 40 or 42 offset with 235/35/18s & lowered & they didn't rub????? Still, what everyone else said about the lack of pwr & rotating mass thing.

^^yeah, i just swapped my 17's for my stockers with all season tires and the acceleration difference is night and day

Last edited:
Back