whats the going price for a p5 these days

mxzoom

i have a 02 p5 and i am thinking of selling . its a stock auto with moonroof 80,000kms.
whats is the going price now a days in canada?

This is down in Georgia
I bought mine from Carmax for 11,500 - 2months ago
02 P5 Manual/Sunroof and 35k miles roughly

Not really a great deal but I needed a car and it was there and I liked it.
I could have probally saved as much as a grand if I would have shopped around but Carmax did at least wash it and repair it twice so far :)
(VERY minor stuff I'm just lazy and figure I'd let them do it)

if you have a local Auto Trader or something like that ---- look on there to see what others are asking for theres ----
mxzoom said:
i have a 02 p5 and i am thinking of selling . its a stock auto with moonroof 80,000kms.
whats is the going price now a days in canada?

New here (obviously), but Ive been looking to buy a used P5 in the boston area. Here are my findings:

Dealers would price your car in the 8,500-10k range. I spoke to one dealer about an 02 with everything cept leather and 60K miles. They listed it at 10K. Without even seeing it, they indicated they would let it go for ~7700.

However, If you put this on the private market, its a big difference.

Example, Im currently looking at a few diff P5's:

One is an 02 with everything cept leather, around 40K miles... in the 8500 area.

One is an 03 with everything cept leather, around 35K miles, price at 12K

Some others that were sold are:

03 everything cept leather, 35k miles, SOLD for 9700 after listing it at 12K.
02 everyything cept leather, around 30K, got someone to pay 10,500 after listing it for 13K.

Bottom line seems to be, if you're trying to privately sell here:

1) the cars arent moving too fast
2) they sell closer to 300-1000 over trade in value than "private" market value.
3) Afer 3-4 weeks, private sellers realize they must reduce the price by 1000-2000 to move the car.

Hopefully for you, you find a buyer that REALLY wants the car NOW and pays you whatever it takes to close the deal.

i got mine for $10,500 last december

03.5 with 47k miles

i paid cash for it so i got more of a discount

$9-12k seems to be the going rate depending on year and mileage

Got mine around september, paid $9800 for it, 02, ATX, 30k miles, private seller

I paid $9000 for my '02 P5 about a year ago. It had 55k on it. I just got $8,500 for it on trade for my MSP and I had put about 15,000 miles on it.

I paid $11,900 for my 03 P5 with 8,800 miles on it. Perfect condition. Dealer was asking $13,500. I shopped around but it was the only car I could find that was a 5spd and didn't have a sunroof. I'm tall.

BTW, I"ve had the car for less than a year and it just hit 30k

*cries*

$13,500 for my 03.5 with everything but leather and it does have a 5spd. CPO (certified Pre owned with a bumper to bumper warranty to 80k miles and oil changes for another 30k miles. Car had 18k miles when I bought it in november of 2004

Damn, see what happens when you buy new. I still owe what you guys are paying now. Well I also had a 3500 carry over

dhchin said:
I am going to ebay mine for a decked out honda accord (my wige and I are thinking of having kids)

you will have a big payment with a "decked-out accord".

Protege52003 said:
you will have a big payment with a "decked-out accord".
yup and the interior space isn't much bigger. and the hatch is alot more practical for the upcoming stroller.

we bought the P5 in anticipation of having a kid, and paying it off quickly, to buy a mini-van (MPV prolly)

save your $ for the kid, they are not cheap

ours is due july12, a lil girl.......(yippy)

VFR pilot said:
save your $ for the kid, they are not cheap

ours is due july12, a lil girl.......(yippy)

i believe you with kids being expensive.......congrats Dad to be.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back