Whats the deal with no FWD models @ dealers??

My in-laws are looking for a 2011 Touring w/sand leather and silver or gray exterior with FWD in zipcode 15632. Looking around, I think I found one CX-9 within 150 miles that had FWD and it was a sport model. Why is every model AWD??

My theory is that AWD is becoming an American Icon. (Hence all the AWD Land Rovers on college campuses, Hollywood, where the people driving them don't even know how to spell snow)

I just don't get it.

I think it depends on where you live.

When i was purchasing my CX-9 in January 2010, every place I went in Southern California had mostly FWD models and one or two GT AWD models. When I was in Ohio helping my sister buy a Mazda 6 in May 2010, I noticed the two dealers I went to had only AWD models on the lot.

It is dealer's decision on what to order from Mazda corporate.
I am sure they order vehicles based on what sells better in those regions.
You can find dealers' stock on mazdausa.com. It is accurate within 2-3 days of update.

Recently traded our 2008 CX-9 GT FWD for a 2011 CX-9 GT AWD and there was only one AWD in the state (Arizona). I think it depends on where you're looking.

Yeah I guess so. When I was looking in Kentucky and Tennessee, they were all AWD as well. Kentucky and Tennessee is considered "south." To each his own I guess.

Latest posts

Back