whats the biggest size i can fit

montpas

:
Mazda Protege5
hello all i am in need of new tires what is the biggest i can fit on my 16 inch stockers with no rubbing im currently dropped on h&r springs witch is about a 2 inch drop i believe...i want a beefy tire

215 fits...I run 215/40s on stockers. It's the absolute widest that will fit on stock rims. 215/45 fit as well, but I'm not sure about with your drop...I'm running a stock suspension.

You might be able to squeeze a 205/55 in there if you are looking for meatier but may have some rubbing issues, especially in the rear with your suspension set-up.

if i get 215/40's will i have any rubbing issues with my drop im dropped 2 inches i believe i don't want to have rubbing if im going to but expensive tires

215/40's may be ok...worst case scenario you'd have to roll your rear fenders a bit or might be able to get away with running some neg. camber instead but this would affect tire wear...so?

I must say that you have me a bit confused. In your first post you mentioned that you wanted beefier tires which is why I suggested a possible 205/55 without issue. Now you mention a 215/40....why not go with a 205/50 which offers a good 1/2 inch of extra sidewall, will fit the stock tires just fine and will not affect your speedo as much as the 215/40?

If you want meaty and beefy, go with a 185/70. :)

P5-MeatyGoodness.jpg

i have 205/50 on there now fusion hri tires but they absolutely get no traction the way i drive and if i plan on adding more horsepower then im going to want a tire that is durable enough for what i want.. one of my tires blew so right now i have three hri's on there and 1 falken not sure of type but its a 205/55 and it fills up the rear nicely with no rubbing am i going to have a problem running 205/55 on the front due to the tires turning?

I know your talking 16's, but I put 205/50/17's on mine that I got from a Mazda 3 and they fit, but are tight. They are maybe 1 inch to 1.5 in taller, but they fit.

i have 205/50 on now on my 16's don't really want to spend money on new rims as well as new tires

well your not going to fit any bigger on the stock wheels man, sorry to tell you
if you want to run wider tires, need to run wider wheels

Back