What's the Adjustable Height for Adjustable end links on a 1.8 drop?

M2P503

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey guys,
Ok so i have Tein S tech Springs on my P5 with Tokico Blues Struts so the car is lowered 1.8 on the front and 1.5 on the rear so the problem im having is My Stock End Links are worn out and shot after i replaced them last year. Ok so my question is What is the height that i adjust my Adjustable end Links to when i install them on the car? My stock Mogg end links are to long for a lowered car like this that"s the problem and that"s why there shot.

What I did to my AWR links that I installed on my lowered MP5 was adjusted them until it was a tight fit couple turns after more after that.

Agreed. There's not really a "preset" amount for the adjustable links. When i put the AWR kit on i set it up and then re-adjusted it as necessary. You should be able to visibly tell when they're setup properly.

The sway bar should be parallel to the ground when the car is sitting normally. I got Moog rear end links made to fit a MSP and Moog front end links for an Escape when I lowered my P5 on Tein S-Tech springs. These made my front and rear bars both sit parallel to the ground.

The sway bar should be parallel to the ground when the car is sitting normally. I got Moog rear end links made to fit a MSP and Moog front end links for an Escape when I lowered my P5 on Tein S-Tech springs. These made my front and rear bars both sit parallel to the ground.

Yeah but You really cant use Stock end Links like Moog when you lower a car because there to tall and they end up Ripping apart in less then a year because there"s to much Pressure but your right they should be parallel to the Ground. Thanks man

What I did to my AWR links that I installed on my lowered MP5 was adjusted them until it was a tight fit couple turns after more after that.

Ok thanks Black widow but was your car Lowered when you did that? If so did you Lower the Adjustable End links or raise them when you made the Adjustment? Im just trying to get an Idea. Personally with my 1.8 drop on the front i would think to lower the Links at least 1/4 inch at the most hopefully that wouldnt be to much though

Why don't you just use a tape measure and measure the distance between the strut and the sway bar and adjust the end link to that? It's not rocket science

Why don't you just use a tape measure and measure the distance between the strut and the sway bar and adjust the end link to that? It's not rocket science

Yeah i know what you mean but when a car is already lowered it"s hard to do it that way with the Stock End Links on because the Stock end Links are going to give you the same reading as if the Car was never lowered don"t you think so? even if i did measure from the Strut to the Sway bar i don't think it would be the same. I have lowered springs that"s why

Yeah i know what you mean but when a car is already lowered it"s hard to do it that way with the Stock End Links on because the Stock end Links are going to give you the same reading as if the Car was never lowered don"t you think so? even if i did measure from the Strut to the Sway bar i don't think it would be the same. I have lowered springs that"s why

Having springs that compress more doesn't change the distance between the strut and sway bar. The only time you have to adjust to a different length end link is when you are changing sway bars....

Having springs that compress more doesn't change the distance between the strut and sway bar. The only time you have to adjust to a different length end link is when you are changing sway bars....
Thanks ill look into that

Do you already have the adjustable end links? If so, simply take off the stock links, and put the car back down on even ground. Then you can measure the distance between the sway bar and the mounting tab, and set the adjustable links to that length. Then put the car back in the air and install the links. I think you're making this a little more complicated than it needs to be.

Do you already have the adjustable end links? If so, simply take off the stock links, and put the car back down on even ground. Then you can measure the distance between the sway bar and the mounting tab, and set the adjustable links to that length. Then put the car back in the air and install the links. I think you're making this a little more complicated than it needs to be.
Actually im not making it complicated at all because if you read the past threads on here i talked about how the Stock End Links dont match up to the drop i have on here because there to long so that"s why i was asking about what the difference in height was the whole time. Thanks for your idea.

My car is lowered 1.4" all around and has stock endlinks, Tokico Illuminas & Progress rr sway. Hasn't been any issues with stock endlinks at all and the rr sway is parallel with ground. Been this way for 8 yrs. Guess that extra .1 out back makes a big difference..............

Last edited:
Ok thanks Black widow but wered when you did that? If so did you Lower the Adjustable End links or raise them when you made the Adjustment? Im just trying to get an Idea. Personally with my 1.8 drop on the front i would think to lower the Links at least 1/4 inch at the most hopefully that wouldnt be to much though

When I lowered the car it was years ago, I think I made the links smaller and made sure the bar was parallel to the ground For the rear. But I am running stock links in the front

When I lowered the car it was years ago, I think I made the links smaller and made sure the bar was parallel to the ground For the rear. But I am running stock links in the front

Yeah keeping the Sway Bar Parallel does help. Is it better to get a measurement when the Car is sitting on the Ground with the End links on are off of the car?

Oh ok So keeping it Parallel is important to as well. Should i take the Measurement with the end links on or off the car? What would be easier?

My car is lowered 1.4" all around and has stock endlinks, Tokico Illuminas & Progress rr sway. Hasn't been any issues with stock endlinks at all and the rr sway is parallel with ground. Been this way for 8 yrs. Guess that extra .1 out back makes a big difference..............

You have a good Point i guess that .1 Extra Outback does make the difference but ill have to see how this goes when i get the Adjustable Endlinks . Ill let you know what the difference is.(guitar)

Back