whats a good navigation system for 07 cx-9

jessecamp

:
CX-9 2010 touring
I need to know a good navigation system that has all the functions , built camera , ipod, fm/am/ mp3. i also need to know where to install how much to install and where can i get a good quality thats affordable. any one who has any info will be greatly appreciated.

Look into the two current Pioneer units. I forget the model numbers. One has all the bells and whistles and the other most of the functions without the iphone like interface. I recall the less expensive was well under a $grand while the fancy one is about $1300. Nice units, better than factory.

I've been looking into aftermarket myself, and had narrowed it down to a Pioneer unit, the Avic X920BT, and a Kenwood, the DNX6960. Both can be had under a grand (note that these are almost full screen, there is a volume knob/button on the left hand side. Full screens will cost you a couple of hundred more) They are rated well enough, the Pioneer uses its own brand of navigation, while the Kenwood uses Garmin. Both have bluetooth built-in as well.

From reviews on the internets, both units have their little quirks, there doesn't seem to be a perfect unit out there, but they will generally do everything you've asked for. If you find a local stereo shop to install this (not Best Buy), expect to pay a couple hundred bucks.

I have a 2010 and emailed Crutchfield on the fit issue with the Pio x920 since the apuoneer site and other audio sites said the 920 would fit. This was their response.

"I'll be glad to help with your question about upgrading the stereo in your 2010 Mazda CX-9. *The available depth in the radio cavity location of your CX-9 is fairly limited, and the Pioneer AVIC-X920BT navigation receiver is just a tad too deep to fit into the radio cavity properly and still have enough room for the wiring that needs to be connected.* I'm sorry about that.
Yet, the chassis of the Pioneer AVIC-X710BT navigation receiver is slightly shallower, enough to allow this model receiver to fit comfortably in your radio cavity."

Bummer since I really like the look of that unit.

-Mike

im actually having the x120bt installed this weekend hopefully it fits, i looked all over the place and i am a video freak so i needed one that plays divx, and between kenwood and pioneer the kenwood is about 1400 model is 9690 and kenwood is very new to the divx world unlike pioneer. if you look at all pioneer dvd's most of them does divx. i will post after install and will post picture on how it looks... crossing finger

I got my pioneer x120bt installed and have no current issue besides the clock which i dont mind

Garmin Nuvi 3790, and you can take it with ya where ever you go, and is way cheaper than trying to rip your old radio out.

I've installed pioneer z110bt on my cx-9, everything works great except the navigation which sometimes doesn't show the position correctly, that can be due to bad gps signal, later I'm going to change the position of gps antenna and see if it works. From the reviews I read Kenwood has the best gps software, but in terms of other features like ipod, bluetooth, and amplifier I believe pioneer will do better. From all the nav units I've seen online I would either go with the pioneer z110bt-130bt or Kenwood DNX9140. If you're lucky you can buy a pioneer unit from eBay for 600-700 brand new

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 361
Back