What would you want us to make?

I second t3ase's motion. Its kinda annoying that only one company sees fit to construct an aftermarket s pipe.

There are already brackets for guages under the radio...I have one, it's dark plastic and matches good. I would like a radiator shroud for the msp, and teh SRI is a very good idea too.

Chris

BUT if you read what i wrote, some of us cant use those brackets because our radio mounts arent compatabile.

1)brackets to remove stock intercooler
2)have you ever seen the neuspeed license plate thing?it is a billetpiece that goes across the front two holes on the front bumper>if you hat one that said mazdaspeed,that would be cool
3)a stainless plate for the top of the radiator
4)camber plates for the top of the struts
5)CUSTOM VALVE COVER!preferably alluminum or carbon fiber(honda has tons why can't we?)
6)alluminum or carbon fiber piece to hold gauges under the stereo,you know ,were that useless box is
7)steering wheel adapter that would fit sparco,momo,grant,ect......

thats all I can think of on the spot,but I'll come back later.

for those of you requesting fiberglass products, etc, they only make aluminum style stuff..they dont make fiberglass, or performance parts, or exhaust (yet).

i could be wrong but judging by their posts and other products, they make nice, but relatively simple products - nothing like grilles, etc.

Spicy1390 said:
Sorry to be a posting *****, but that would be way cool if you made the lower grill with the same clips as the factory grill. Just a plug and play kind of deal. I hate maving my nice new FMIC covered with plastic...
Please explain further.

Matthew said:
if metal is your forte, this would be my suggestion that would have me bow down to you guys.

make a metal radio mount with a 2 and 3 guage pod below it. i know there are custom jobs out there but my radio mount currently doesnt conform to those standards - ie, there is too much plastic on the top and bottom and therefore 2 1/16 guages will not fit there.

preferrably you could offer this in a dark color, but if not im sure it could be painted. i can almost garuntee you would sell a SHITLOAD of those because people could mount their aftermarket single DIN radio's AND provide a clean, tucked out of the way guage mount, AND eliminate the rough custom jobs and move the guages away from the pillar, which i dont like, due to people realizing my car is faster or thinking its rice for having useless guages.

on top of that, if you made that s***, id buy it, and make sure in my sig that people knew it was available. it wouuld TOTALLY rock.
So, let me clarify this (request came up before and we were going to do it too)...

a) Remove stock radio and pocket.
b) Insert double din size plate with mounting hardware.
c) Insert stock radio back in.
d) There can be 1,2, or 3 52mm gauge holes (whatever demand is the most)
e) The metal can be painted, but we recommend adhesive backed felt (gives it a clean look)

Does this sound right? We COULD do this for $30.00 shipped, minimum ten orders to start (tooling costs and set up time).

- Brian

Matthew said:
also a custom mount for in front of the cupholders (that little pocket) for a greddy turbo timer, since that is a real popular product that most FI owners have. it would basically cover up the opening of the pocket and mount the TT in the middle cleanly.
Already working on a plate for a GReddy boost controller (TT would work too). Price would be $18.00 shipped on that. ETA time is about 30 days out. Also, we are working on a plate for the left side drivers pocket under the dimmer switch too.

- Brian

srd555 said:
All Matthew's ideas + a modified version of your R1 kit to include a slot for another 1/4 din device like a turbo timer below the profec B.
Haha. Actually, I did a G3 install this weekend, and the guy wants the double. We were going to do this, but there is no upper/lower support. BUT, you can USE the R1 that we have and cut the left/right top/bottom part to fit both in. I will be doing this if the guy wants it. If anyone is interested, they could by the R1, and just Email me and let me know you want to do double and I'll cut it for you.

- Brian

Matthew said:
for those of you requesting fiberglass products, etc, they only make aluminum style stuff..they dont make fiberglass, or performance parts, or exhaust (yet).

i could be wrong but judging by their posts and other products, they make nice, but relatively simple products - nothing like grilles, etc.
You hit the nail on the head - we can design anything, as long as it can be cut by a laser. So far, we utilize steel, aluminum is to flimsy, but can be done if necessary.

Holy cow, I would SO buy that radio/gauge pod mod. I suggest painting it black like the plastic is now and adding chrome rims to the gauge holes, it would look all stealthy but kool. And for $30 shipped, you can't beat that! Rock on dude (band2)

MSPinVA said:
Holy cow, I would SO buy that radio/gauge pod mod. I suggest painting it black like the plastic is now and adding chrome rims to the gauge holes, it would look all stealthy but kool. And for $30 shipped, you can't beat that! Rock on dude (band2)
We would provide the product raw (unpainted) but would linclude a sheet of ahesive backed felt for those that didn't want to paint, but have a clean look such as that. $30.00 shipped is DEFINITELY doable for the first ten orders, and then possibly could reduce by as much as $5.00 thereafter.

03MSP-Brian said:
So, let me clarify this (request came up before and we were going to do it too)...

a) Remove stock radio and pocket.
b) Insert double din size plate with mounting hardware.
c) Insert stock radio back in.
d) There can be 1,2, or 3 52mm gauge holes (whatever demand is the most)
e) The metal can be painted, but we recommend adhesive backed felt (gives it a clean look)

Does this sound right? We COULD do this for $30.00 shipped, minimum ten orders to start (tooling costs and set up time).

- Brian
no stock radio..aftermarket single din radio with 1,2,3 52mm guage spaces.

Can you do a din panel that would hold two 1/4 din (ie greddy TT and profec B) and one gauge (not sure what size can fit)?

Like this:
timerv.jpg

You know what would be really cool? Something that fits on top of the dash, centered, and can hold 3 gauges, like what the WRXs have ... WRXs have a little indent there, that it fits in, but were it low-profile enough, it shouldn't look bad ... actually, if it were plastic, it might look really cool!

Basically I am taking about the lower grill out of something that looks a lot better then the plastic we have now. I can not stand seeing the plastic in the front of the car. If you could make the clips the same as the ones that are on the plastic one now, that would be cool, if not the Just L brackets would do...

Back