What would you mod first?

MCLi

:
03 Protege5
Lets say you just brought your P5

You have little money left for mod. Which area would u begin?

Sound System?
Interior?
Exterior?
Engine Bay?

or other small stuff ....

Let me start off. I would like to begin in exterior. Personally I would like people to look at my car so I would go for a rear spoiler wing and lower front lip. Then maybe a good set of rims.

what's your budget and what's your goal? do you want a little performance boost (intake from $70-200), a better sounding stereo ($100-???), better looking (imo) car (lowering springs or coilovers $150-$1500). see what your wants are and what your budget is, then come back for an opinion... otherwise, you'll get everything and anything under the sun.

I've become a car audio junkie... Depending on your budget i'd say install a kickass system. The girls always like that anyways... lol

It depends, You would impress Girls with Sound system stuff (they seems to like vibrations), and impress yourself with proformance stuff, Trust me. needless to say I got a pretty loud easy set up system first then intake, muffler, H and R springs, wheels, headers, wires, pully. Now I can get the girls in with the system and have to scare them out afetr a test drive!

slug420 said:
definitely wheels and if its feasible for you, some kind of drop.

That was going to be my first recomendation.

newf said:
gauge rings! Best mod, or at least best cheap mod ever! Hookup with DaveB and get some rings

And that was my second!

Last edited:
MCLi said:
Lets say you just brought your P5

You have little money left for mod. Which area would u begin?

Sound System?
Interior?
Exterior?
Engine Bay?

or other small stuff ....

Let me start off. I would like to begin in exterior. Personally I would like people to look at my car so I would go for a rear spoiler wing and lower front lip. Then maybe a good set of rims.

Well I did just buy a P5 (thumb)

Exterior - I hate rear spoilers on hatches and a lower front lip looks ackward if the rest of the body kit isn't as low. The only exterior mods I like are rims with a drop kit and new shocks as that will serve a perfomance function aswell.

Interior - I can't think of what you can do really, but please don't paint anything :rolleyes:
I see that crap WAY TO MUCH at slap shows, it always looks hack.
Interior wise I like to do what is functional or for my benefit, not to show off. Carbon fiber whatever is simply not my stlye.

Engine - Intake would be nice, makes the car sound better, and looks nice. Don't kid yourself to thinking there is a noticable whp improvement though. I would really like to do a black injen intake on mine, its so PIMP!!!

Stereo - The stock system in the 2003.5 is pretty good. If your into SQ that is. With the bass and mid set to -1 and the treble at +1 I have it sounding pretty good. Its also faded +3 forward and balanced +1 to right. The real lacking part for me is imageing an detail so I think a good set of inexpensive yet well detailed components would be great. Boston RC's perhaps.

Back