What will my new MSP5 run?

MikesPro5

:
Mazda Protege 5
Ok, so if u've ever spoken to me or bought/sold something from/to me...u know i've been gearing up for a MSP swap. Well, car goes into the shop on Saturday. I've been contemplatiing what I will run once the car is done. So i figured i'd turn to my fellow members for some help. Here is the list of mods:

MSP motor - 6.5psi
HKS axle back
Catless mid-pipe
UR crank pulley
Comp. clutch 6-puck
Mazdaspeed flywheel
Custom FMIC
Apexi SAFC II
Perrin MBC
Reflashed ECU
B&M short shifter
Perrin sri
Turbo XS bov
Custom 3" dp

I'm curious about how competitive i will be. Thanks for your help guys.

well i would say she will run pretty good lol

it would also depend on slicks and what boost level with he MBC you got listed but i got 10 bucks on a 13.9

wow...if my baby hits 13's im throwin a keg party on me
2003protospeed said:
well i would say she will run pretty good lol

it would also depend on slicks and what boost level with he MBC you got listed but i got 10 bucks on a 13.9

MikesPro5 said:
wow...if my baby hits 13's im throwin a keg party on me

I'll drink to that!!! (thinkbeer (drinks) (drunk)

.... of course, I'll drink to anything (burnout)

Faster than mine..... (2thumbs)

Is the resonator section of you exhaust still stock?

you should hit close to like 185 whp, maybe a bit more. upping the boost will help get you more power, and it seems like you have enough supporting mods. You could hit 200 with not much work.

I'd say you will get within a tenth of 14.3 in the 1/4mi. if you break inot the 13's more power to you and congrats.

i thought the Apexi SAFC II doesn't work on our cars and the stock ECU will learn around it....

hmmm

im not sure...but i guess i'll find out...if it doesnt work then im sellin it
ChopstickHero said:
i thought the Apexi SAFC II doesn't work on our cars and the stock ECU will learn around it....

Pretzellogic said:
I'll drink to that.

You run a 6-puck on the street? That must be interesting.

edit: any pics of this thing? :D

lol i had one in other cars didnt find it bad at all, just depends on your pressure plate determining how it will drive in stop and go

booooooo...i run low 16's with my P5(dont forget about wheel hop)....now i add a boost, fuel management, and boost control and all i run is 15's....give me a break man. i only had an axle back, mid pipe, sri, street clutch, and short shifter
Replica said:

Last edited:
with the settings that you describe at best i think you will run 14.5 But if you up the boost to like 9 pounds, which i think will be safe with the things you will have, you might break into the 13's but i would suggest you get limited slip also soon.

Back