What to bring to an Autocross event?

:
Mazda Protege 5
There was a thread that I thought I saw on here before but cant find it here anymore :(

Anyways, What are the things to bring to an event. Just getting serious into AutoX this season. Want to make sure I get all the nobrainer and the unforeseen stuff for the next event. Dumbass me forgot lugs for new rims this past event (freak).

This next event is going to be my first event with a tire trailer too.

stuff I normally bring.
-Jack
-Tires
-Breaker bar w/correct size for lugs
-Small socket set
-Assorted screwdrivers
-Helmet
-Camera
-Chair
-Food
-Pancho/dry clothes

So what are some other good things to have that might be forgotten or overlooked. I got to give myself some day light next time to load up my car next time. I didn't like the loading my car full of stuff last time at 10pm.

Or if anyone has a link to that other post that would be cool too.

always important so i mention it again, SUNTAN LOTION! I turn into a lobster if I don't bring it.

if you're changing tires, get yourself a cordless impact gun. it cuts changing time WAY down. i picked up a craftsman for $70 or so, and it uses regular sockets. worth every penny, and perfect for my needs.

also, plenty of water if they don't have a place to get some at the event.

sunscreen +1.

get yourself a cordless impact gun.

I have been looking for one. The good ones are upwards of $200... harbor freights are like $90. Ill have too keep an eye out at Sears now, or if K-mart that has craftsmen sells them.

Pepboys goodyear cordless impact gun. it is the best deal right now. The new short nose HF is not as good as the old long nose one.

Looking I don't see the short nose orange one on the HF site anymore. The one you linked to only has 1044 inch lbs of TQ (87 FT-LBS) so it is not going to be good for breaking loose your lugs.

The one I would get a HF right now if you insist on HF is this one. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96448
But I would go with the pepboys goodyear gun for $80-$100 depending on if it is on sale this week or not over the HF one right now.

Not sure if this link works or not.
http://pepboys.shoplocal.com/pepboy...agenumber=7&rapid=517140&prvid=PepBoys-080302

i actually wanted a relatively low-torque one. i break my lugs loose w/ the bar, then spin 'em off w/ the gun. the low torque keeps them from overtorquing them when putting the wheels on. zip 'em on, torque w/ the torque wrench. it's also proven helpful for disassembling a suspension.

Last edited:
i actually wanted a relatively low-torque one. i break my lugs loose w/ the bar, then spin 'em off w/ the gun. the low torque keeps them from overtorquing them when putting the wheels on. zip 'em on, torque w/ the torque wrench. it's also proven helpful for disassembling a suspension.

Ding!

Van

I bring pretty much all of the stuff mentioned above to an autocross. Somehow, though, I'm always forgetting to bring my "A" game. (sleep)

Van

Me = lazy. I bought a torque stick for my impact. Break them off with the impact. When putting back on use torque stick with impact. No messing with breaker bars or torque wrenches.

I had a spreadsheet that I posted up a while ago that covered most of the things you'd ever need to bring.

And I know "A game" wasn't on there. maybe that's my problem. I'll need to add that to the list LOL

I had a spreadsheet that I posted up a while ago that covered most of the things you'd ever need to bring.

And I know "A game" wasn't on there. maybe that's my problem. I'll need to add that to the list LOL

It's in the thread I linked in the second post of this thread.

...and no, that's not the problem. The problem is, it's your A game that's showing up. :p

Latest posts

Back