what the hell are these and how are they supposed to fit

Noob-MSP

:
2003.5 MSP 2.0T
2rq14au.jpg

would i have to create my own downpipe with universal pipes? or will it even fit under the hood? and why does it have two paths of exit?

I think that is for the lx protege's, and the 2nd outlet is for a BOV. its also a T3 flange and i cant be positive but i dont think you would need a custom DP maybe a little customizing but not a whole new one.

That is a direct replacement for the stock MSP manifold except for the flange for an external wastegate. It is made by OBX and they are very cheap (quality and price). The manifold pictured is a T2 flange but they also make a T3/4 flanged turbo mani. I wouldn't get one unless you plan to reinforce it against cracking before you install. You would have to fab a new downpipe because of the external wastegate unless you dumped the EWG to atmosphere and you would remove the stock internal wastegate.

It is a crappy stock replacement, and the 2nd outlet is for an external wastegate. i cant be positive. You don't need a custom DP maybe a little customizing to the manifold because it will crack eventually.

Fixed!!!! BOV is on the intake side. EWG is on the exhaust side.

2rq14au.jpg

would i have to create my own downpipe with universal pipes? or will it even fit under the hood? and why does it have two paths of exit?

I'm not sure why other people are saying it is a direct fit. Sure it will bolt up to the engine fine. First the turbo flange is not clocked at the correct angle and would cause fitment issues and possibly require a custom downpipe. the stock turbo sits at roughly I'm guessing a 30 degree angle compared to this one. The second flange is for the EWG that is normally on the stock turbo and you would have to block either the stock ewg or the one on the manifold.

thats for a turbo with a t3/t4 flange. you would only need to look at buying that if your upgrading to a t3 or t4 turbo thats externally wastegated, which almost all of them are.

fitment:rerouting intercooler pipes, slim fans, custom down pipe and wastegate dump pipe. not really a big deal if you are someone thats upgrading to a turbo that big.

Back