what style turbo in the wagner kit

SImp3

:
2001 mazda mp3
Hey eveyone, looking to change the turbo in my mp3, but I want to make sure that the new turbo fits my current downpipe and manifold from Begi. I know its a t3/t4 series but I haven't been able to find out what style. Any clues. The turbo is from my wagner kit, I lost the bill so I have no idea which style and Andy is no longer here. I only know its a turbonetics.

Thanks

If possible look to see if there is a serial #. This will help, if you call Garrett and they can tell you what type turbo you got.

post pics up/...I have the wagner kit as well..and im using a turbonetics t3/t4...I just got my turbo rebuilt...there's also number's on the back plate..you can probably match it up to the one on the turbonetics site..by the way why do you want to change the turbo????? just upgrade it..im now running a stage 5 turbo..well good luck

Jeremy

thanks I will check, I killed the engine a few months ago, just pushed it more than it could handle, the turbo pretty much had some damage as a result, so I did a upgraded the engine , pistons, rods etc and knew sooner or later that the turbo would only last so long at higher boost levels

I upgraded mines through turbonetics....new center cartridge..it only cost me $500 thats a little cheaper way to go than to buy a new turbo...and it came with there 1 year no questions ask warranty..lol...keep us updated..

by the way what fuel management are you running???

Last edited:
Probably will go new as new will only be a few bucks more, but thanks.

Running the MPI tuner-11 psi some occasional 13 psi with greddy EBC (profec i think)and Methanol injection system.

Back