What SHOULD I pay for...

What's up everyone, I have a quick question for you. What would/should one pay for a 2008 speed3 (It is a sport and doesn't have the nav)?

I am curious what everyone has to say on the subject; dealers seem to have an asking price that has a mark-up of 10 to 20 %... With this economy it seems a little steep to me!

http://www.edmunds.com/

This is an excellent source. Net price will depend on how many Speed dealers are within reasonable distance. It's easier to get rock-bottom pricing when multiple dealers are involved.

Depends on your location. I paid $300 over invoice for my GT a few weeks back. Cool dealer with like 10 of them in stock still.

What's up everyone, I have a quick question for you. What would/should one pay for a 2008 speed3 (It is a sport and doesn't have the nav)?

I am curious what everyone has to say on the subject; dealers seem to have an asking price that has a mark-up of 10 to 20 %... With this economy it seems a little steep to me!

i paid $157 over invoice on my GT -- if you can, find a dealer with several on the lot and then wait until the last few days of the month to work your deal. i had a very good experience working through the internet sales manager.

Dealers have their own dummy invoices to show to customers. You can never know what they actually paid for the cars. What I did was get quotes for both the sport & the GT from 8-10 dealers in a 50 mile radius. Then I went to the dealer of my choice & told him to beat that. GT should be mid 23's and Sport should be mid 21's.

Good Luck.

PS: When you buy the car make sure they put 93 Octane in it(crazy)

I got 500 off the sticker on my 2008 GT, but I had a trade-in that they over-allowed for. I sold cars for a while, most people can get a 2%-3% discount if they shop around. I would deffinatley expect 400 off on a 2008.5, or a lot more off a 2008. If you have a crappy trade that they are paying off I would expect to pay sticker price.

I just got mine GT 3.5 weeks ago and paid 700 under invoice. $25109 out the door with everything (nav and home link). Speak to the fleet manager from you dealer ship and go through a credit union.

wow! when i test drove one they were asking almost $28K for a GT with all the bells and whistles?

$23K for a fully loaded GT?!?!? no dealer around town is even coming close to that... they want $26K at the least

can you guys shoot me some pointers as to what to say to these fools

ok, so what is the deal with cars.direct? I checked it out and it looks awesome! Has anyone (who reads this) bought a car this way? I am curious about what needs to be done ( i don't want to have a credit check done til after I have decided). Also, if you buy a car where do you pick it up at? Any information, good or bad, would be GREAT.

ok, so what is the deal with cars.direct? I checked it out and it looks awesome! Has anyone (who reads this) bought a car this way? I am curious about what needs to be done ( i don't want to have a credit check done til after I have decided). Also, if you buy a car where do you pick it up at? Any information, good or bad, would be GREAT.
I bought my MS3 through them, and a friend of mine bought a Porsche Boxter, a Mini, and a Nissan Titan. No problems so far.

The way it works is they have set up associations with dealers who let them do the negotiaton. You then go to the dealer to pick up the car. You have normal support from the dealer, just bypassing the sales department.

I recommend carbargains.com

Back