What should I pay? (AWD Touring)

dclange

I'm looking to buy a AWD Touring model (Galaxy Gray, w/ tow package and roof rails) for my wife in the next few months, and I'm wondering what you all think is a good target price to work toward with the dealers.

I've already checked Edmunds, and their TMV price is just over $32k. With Owner Loyalty Discount, I'm hoping to get down to $31k. Think it can be done, considering the current market? Can I push lower?

I'd love to get it done this week to take advantage of the 1.9% APR over 60 months, but I'm not sure that will happen. When do the 2009 models hit the dealers?

An aside: I saw a few new 6s on the lot yesterday - they're gorgeous. That might have to be my next ride (I've got a '05 3s Hatch).

About $8000 off MSRP whatever package.
Some are getting $10,000 off MSRP on edmunds.com (unbelievable deal!) on fully loaded
GT AWD (i.e. $41k for $31k).

The deals are insane right now. I got a 2wd sport for $21,723. I would not wait b/c these incentives won't be around for too long.

After talking with our dealer here in Tulsa (Nelson - they're very good. Bought my 3s Hatch from them) and getting them to agree to invoice on a Touring AWD w/ tow package with the 1.9% financing, I sent an email to Town North in Dallas, asking him what his best price would be on a optioned out GT AWD (MSRP $41,540) if we used our own financing (5% from a local credit union). He came back withing a couple hours with a price of $32,329 + TTL. Subtract the $500 loyalty discount, and I'm almost $10k under list!

I went back to my local dealer with the price, and he said he couldn't touch it. Basically told me to go grab it, that it was a great deal.

Grand Touring AWD
Galaxy Gray
GT Assist
Towing
Rear Ent. System
BSM
Autodim mirror w homelink
Splash Guards
Wheel Locks

We're getting so much more car than we thought we could afford. Only thing we have to add is the roof rails! We're heading down Friday - wish us luck.

Tell me more about the Mustang!

Heh, not a whole lot to tell, really. Typical GT convertible, automatic... I had initially wanted a manual but when I bought it years ago it was too great a deal to pass up! It's got ported and polished '01 GT (PI) heads on it, '01 intake ported to match, shorty headers, Magnaflow catback, dyno tune, all the typical bolt-ons, built 4r70w slushbox, makes about 280rwhp. Appearance-wise, it has Cobra headlight lenses, Saleen S281 rear spoiler, some interior billet stuff, etc. I still have some FMS C-springs and MM full-length subframe connectors in box that I've never installed... I've never wanted to put them on because it has taken forever to get it aligned properly.

I'm actually about to de-mod and dump it for a NB Miata, though! ;) (drive)

Back