what should i do ???

pyske

in a couple of months i will be getting a car but i dunno which one to get here are my choices plz help me here and don't be bias plz

1. Honda Civic 2dr or 4dr
2. Acura Integra 2dr or 4dr
3. Protege 5
4. Keep my Toyota Corolla which my dad might give me.

Please I need your help.

Hmmm...asking for unbiased opinions from the P5 message board.....me thinks you should buy a consumer reports and decide for yourself.....

After you drive them

I must agree with humvee, let your instincts decide what to buy. Here are my opinions:

1.) Honda Civic played out on the import scene, but if left alone then I have nothing against the Civics.

2.) Acura "teg" sweet car but aren't they a bit pricey?

3.) pro5 well I can say that I love the car but....some components could be better, more hp, cupholder sucks (thats what I think) but still all manufacturers have thier own down side.

4.) Toyota Corolla hey no car payments right?

don't get a toyota corolla man....big time FUGLY. Might as well get an Neon too.

I say hold off, take a look at the mazdaspeed 3, and make us all jealous :)

All jokes aside. If there was no MP3, I would have gotten an P5. Gorgeous little cars, handles fantastic, specially for a "wagon". It reminds me of what the Honda's used to be years ago but better. I know my opinon may be a bit biased, but if this is the price range your looking at, I don't thing anything else beats it. Might want to get a better stereo for it though.

Now if money is not a concern.......WRX, EVO......hmmm, 911 turbo :)

yeah...you have to weigh all the pros and cons for each car...personally i think the civic and the integra have both been played out...but people are still buying them...you can't go anywhere without seeing one of these cars...however on the plus side they aftermarket for these cars is enormous...and parts are cheap...

the P5...i have to be biased and say i love this car the best...it handles well...it's cheap and still comes with loads of standard equipment...not too many of them on the road yet (knock on wood) and overall is a great car...yes it could use some more hp and somethings could stand to be fixed...but what car doesn't have a downside...

anyways...no opinion on the corolla never really drove one...

but any of these cars is going to be super reliable and cheap to operate...you can't really go wrong

Interestingly enough I've had all four!!! My first car was a Corolla - hated it. Second car was a Honda Accord (not a Civic, but close enough), and my last car before the P5 was an Integra, which I actually did love.

When I started shopping for a new car I test drove EVERYTHING. It took me two months to make a decision because I was really confused by all the different options. All around, however, the P5 couldn't be beat. I mean that in as unbiased a way as possible.

For the price you pay, you get so much - 130 horsepower, 16" alloys versus 15" hub caps, the nice styling which already looks aftermarket, good suspension, etc., etc... You can get the Honda and Acura to have as much stuff as the P5, but only after you pay a lot more money. What you should do is look at what you get for a certain price accross the board. Otherwise, you're comparing apples and oranges.

Both my Honda and Acura got stolen, believe it or not, because I had so much done to them that people could easily strip them down for parts and have a million buyers. Not so with my P5- good luck finding many buyers for those parts when hardly anyone has one yet! I feel safer about spending money on it, but I guess you'll only care about this if you plan to fix it up.

About the Corolla, if it's free and paid for, that might be something to consider as a temporary choice... It's always nice not to have a car payment.

Haha.......Keep the corolla man !! just kidding.....
If you come here to ask this question.......I am guessing you are leaning toward a P5 already !!

If i were you, i will keep the corolla for now, its a very reliable car if nothing else. and read consumer reports, poke around their message forums and test drive a few. and wait till the 2003 p5. they have sports at option, very sweet.

once you take the p5 for a ride you wont regret it :eek: i had a toyota if you are going to hook up your ride toyota has no after market stuff trd is a joke. so hope you pick the right one. good luck

Keep the corolla, why get rid of the luxury of no car payments.

Ok... My $.02 worth

Like adragonfly I have owned all 4 of the cars you are considering. My first car was an '87 Corolla Hatchback, a '93 Integra, and a '96 Civic EX, now my '02 Protege 5. I loved them all. Corolla because it was my first car, Integra cause it was quick and sporty, and the Civic cause it had killer gas mileage (I was driving about 150 miles round trip to work everyday)
:eek: The new Civics are alright. Like I said I had one, actually I had 2 ('96 and '99) My cousin has an '01 EX and there is a lot of after market support for it. The Integra (RSX if you go new) are really sweet but the price is not. For the money I spent I think the MP5 was a better deal. Loads of standard options, good looks, good handling, and the looks from people as I drive around town saying, "What the Hell kind of car is that?" If you are serious about the Corolla then that's cool. They are reliable and will take you anywhere you need to go within reason. You could always take the keys from Dad, say thanks, then go to your local dealer and trade it in on something. Happy hunting!

The new civic is good, but for the price you pay, you still get more with the P5. , e.g. 16" alloys vs. 15" hub caps, 130 vs. 115 horsepower, new style vs. a car that's all over the place. Just more opinions... get what makes you happy!

Trading in the Corolla sounds like a good idea, too, if your dad will let you.

Depends on what your looking for.

Performance? (Integra)
Looks? (P5)
Over All Package? (P5)
Buying Groceries (Corolla)
Jumping on the Bandwagon (Civic)

My Wife Has A 2002 Civic
I had an Integra and changed it for a P5
I would buy a corolla if it was the only car available on the market..
but thats my opinion..

Back