What should I do?

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
Ok, as most of you know I am at my wits end with this car. Everyone knows this car is giving me hell and has been for like 8 months. I haven't had the car working properly since I put my new kit on (no fault of MAM, just the way s*** is).

I have been calling all day about 100 (as of about now) shops in and around monterey as far north as San Jose. I have gotten estimates ranging from $100 - $300 just for diagnosis, and that is before they even TOUCH the car as far as trying to fix it.

I am wondering, if i got some more complicated scan tools, if you as forum members felt you could solve my problem (like if i had fuel trim numbers or whatever, whatever that means), or if i shoudl take it to these people.

now, bear in mind not a SINGLE person has said they have dealt with ANYTHING like this before, and only a FEW that even agreed to look at it said they might be able to fix it. the rest are just kinda "bleh".

also, only one person has known what a RRFPR is, none knew what a voltage clamp or o2 clamp was, and a small handful understood the concept of a FMU, though most thought i meant something like a haltech when i said FMU.

so you see what i am dealing with here, and i go to school 40 hours per week.

what do you think i should do?

thats the one that wants 200-300 dollars for diagnosis. he wants to put it on a chassis dyno and give it 3 runs and start from there.

hes pretty local. ive got another shop north of santa cruz (about an hour away) that wants 85 for diag and its just a guy and his dad. the guy says he went to school and has extensive obd2 training, and is audi certified. his dad started by turboing mazdas and some other make i forget which...

well you get what you pay for... while im all for father and son unless i have prior exp with them i wouldnt trust em.

yea.

im thinking about tryin to solder everything before goign further, and seeing if that helps me out.

can anyone give me the exact pin numbers that run from the first o2 sensor to the wiring harness and their colors (before and after they get there)?

what do you think -

i hooked up my multimeter to the o2 harness, plugged and unplugged. no matter what, plugged or unplugged, pressing on the throttle or not, i get a .0v reading from the pin60 o2 wire. idk wtf because the s*** is almost brand new, ive had it less than 1k miles...im testing the connection right after the o2 when the car is heated up.

im thinking of taking the wire from the second o2 and wiring it to the first o2 to see what happens there.

here are my other readings:

these readings are with the harness plugged in
Orange: .1v (doesnt change with the throttle being used)
Pink/Blue: .0v (doesnt change with the throttle being used)
Black/Blue: 13.5v (doesnt change with the throttle being used)
Green/Red: 6-11v (this one jumps to about 12 or more V when i press the throttle)

these readings are with the harness unplugged, on the o2 side of the harness
Orange: .0v (doesnt change with the throttle being used)
Black/Blue: .0v (doesnt change with the throttle being used)
Green/Red: .0v (doesnt change with the throttle being used)

these readings are with the harness unplugged, on the ecu side of the harness
Orange: .1v (doesnt change with the throttle being used)
Black/Blue: .13.65v (doesnt change with the throttle being used)
Green/Red: .03-.06v (doesnt change with the throttle being used)

hey matthew- there's a place in santa clara called 'rotorsports' on el camino. they specialize in mazda. someone might know more info about them but i figured i would put it out here. just saw the shop sign on my way to food yesterday...hope it helps. if not, maybe a carbon fiber cape would help out- or at least make you look cooler.

I know it's a drive, but I also hear that Mr. Mazda in Sunnyvale is very good.

noclue119 said:
if your o2 sensor is not reading anything and

http://www.mazdaspd.com/resources/msppinout1.html

<table border="2"><tbody><tr><td>O2S11 (HO2S (Front)) </td><td colspan="2">V </td><td>Ignition switch ON: 01.0 V After warm up: 01.0 V

Acceleration: 0.51.0 V

Deceleration: 00.5 V

</td><td>Inspect HO2S (See HO2S (Front and Rear) Voltage Inspection )

</td><td>60 </td></tr></tbody></table>

It could just be the wire is messed up

thanks for all the help so far guys, through here and pms. i replaced the whole wire already....on acceleration it should show something, does that count if i am just hitting the throttle under the hood without moving or it has to be under load

Back