What required to run a mazda protege5 on 24+ psi

NiCeBoY

Hi,
i am just wondering what need to be build or forged in a protege engine so that it can handle around 24+ psi?

I know i'll need forged piston/rods.

Anything else?

Also anyone here running above 24PSI?? if yes what are the power figures?

Cheers

There are a few proteges running with what you want to do. But the amount of money spent is very high. So make sure you have very deep pockets. Some cost
1) Built engine 5-7K
2) Tranny 2-5K
3) Turbo set up 4-6K
These prices are new parts not used. Check with some of our vendors ie Speed Circuit and Protege Garage and see what they come up with.

There are a few proteges running with what you want to do. But the amount of money spent is very high. So make sure you have very deep pockets. Some cost
1) Built engine 5-7K
2) Tranny 2-5K
3) Turbo set up 4-6K
These prices are new parts not used. Check with some of our vendors ie Speed Circuit and Protege Garage and see what they come up with.
Hey mate,
i already got a full turbo setup running on 11PSI with all engine internals and gearbox stock.

When you said built engine, does that mean just the piston and rods? or anything else?
cheers

The turbo you are using, is it capable of running 24psi.? If not, then you need to do a upgrade. The stock FSDE engine and tranny does not like high boost, and yes you would need to build a forged engine (rods and pistons)plus a serious up grade to the tranny. That is why you should check the vendors to refered you to. Check out the build that Maxx Mazda is doing then you get an idea what is needed. Photo and Video section.

Back