What replaced the Kumho Ecsta 711?

Tasty

:
2003 Protege5
Thread title says it all. I like Kumho tires, and they seem to be good for the money. Out of the KH11, SPT, ASX, or AST, which is the best bet, and which one replaced the 711. I have two 711s on my car with good tread life left, and I would buy two new to go with them but they aren't available any more.

I'm not sure, what replaced them, but I found the 711's to be crap. the SPT's are great though. That's what I'm on now.

The SPT will be the most compatible tire.

My 711s are almost worn out, but I liked them and thought they were a great tire for the money

IIRC the SPT's replaced the 711's. I am running the AST'S and like them. Stick good in the dry (not as stiff as the Toyo TPT's they replaced) excellent in rain and decent in snow. Tread wear has been decent too, but they are only 6 months old so time will tell....overall they have been good for the money to this point.

Kumho ASX

Do NOT get the Kumho ASX's. I have a set and they have only lasted 15,000 miles (since I'm a "spirited" driver!). I'm going to the TireRack tomorrow morning to get my new set of Bridgestone Potenza G 009's put on. We'll see how that works out!

*God I love living so close to the TireRack!*

Storm said:
Do NOT get the Kumho ASX's. I have a set and they have only lasted 15,000 miles (since I'm a "spirited" driver!). I'm going to the TireRack tomorrow morning to get my new set of Bridgestone Potenza G 009's put on. We'll see how that works out!

*God I love living so close to the TireRack!*

Lucky bastard. (cool)

Yeah the SPTs replaced the 711s. I went to the tirerack to order some 711s because they WERE only 49 bucks and they were gone. I called them and was like wtf and they said the SPTs replaced them. So I ordered a set of the SPTs and they are scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.

im gonna have to agree with tiger brand about the 711s blowin big time. i had them as my front tires awhile back and the inside of the sidewalls bubbled out on both sides and the car wasnt driven aggressively. ive got 4 goodyears on my car now that are workin great.

I just got back from the Tire Rack and I'm running on those Bridgestone Potenza's. So far they are decent, but I'm going to have to get used to riding on a 205 rather than a 195. Feels a little more squirrelly.

I did install my AEM Intake though and I nearly forgot all about my tires!! WooT!

We run SPT's on both of our 6's and the MX's we run on the MSP. They're both great tires, the tread pattern on the MX's are totally different as is the tread rating 360 vs 220

Back