What octane for stock MSP

Yup, 91+.

Edit: Didn't see that your from Texas. I believe premium fuel in all of Texas is 93 octane, atleast it is in Houston and South Texas.

Last edited:
H-Town Speed said:
Yup, 91+.

Edit: Didn't see that your from Texas. I believe premium fuel in all of Texas is 93 octane, atleast it is in Houston and South Texas.
Not in North West Texas :shudder: I went there last summer @ 12PSI and found that out. I was out of the boost all the way until Fort Worth.

Here in Dallas we have both 91 & 93... I will start using 91.. I have had the car a week now..

91+ is what the factory recommends and I wouldnt put in anything lower...if you do I suggest you stay out of boost. High octane is used to prevent detonation/knocking. You can read more about it at www.howstuffworks.com

Good gas stations usually have 93 octane ratings. Just dont get too high of a rating with cats like race gas...that will actually dmange your cats

yashooa said:
Not in North West Texas :shudder: I went there last summer @ 12PSI and found that out. I was out of the boost all the way until Fort Worth.
oh man, I know how that goes.. I went up to texas tech last summer boosting around 10psi. it was so bad. I had just gotten my car, so I didnt know that lower octane gas was that bad, I was like, "WHATS GOING ON!?!!" and it sucked, b/c we found a old airport with no one around.. and I couldnt go over 100 on the runway... damn fina gas stations and their pissy 91 octane (fuoops)

I read somewhere that texas has the best gas in america.. seeing as how almost all of the gas in america is made here..... something like that...

I use 89 when i am broke!!!! never had a problem! but i am stock in all ways.

We have 87, 89, 93 here in MD and i usually only use 89 once every 2 months or so!

Gas is droping here again!!! found it for 1.95 for 93 octane!!!!!!!!!!!! Usually its like 2.20+

i ALWAYS use 93....its better for the car actually it MAY be best for the car....id like to make the car last by spending a few extra pennies....

MSP#735 said:
i ALWAYS use 93....its better for the car actually it MAY be best for the car....id like to make the car last by spending a few extra pennies....
Ditto on this & I also go out of my way to only go to big name gas stations. Putting some no name station's 93 in could be just as bad as using a lower octane.

shell 93 or sunoco 94 here....even on my 240sx i used 93 or better.... i havent touched 87 or 89 since i had my honda accord like 4 years ago...the car just rubs better IMO (screwy)

I got the 94 Sunoco gas right here. The gas station is the one that the DC sniper shot and killed that guy from Md. I was out of town when the shooting took place. I saw it on the news and I was like "s*** man, thats where I get gas!"

yeh the nite the spent in bmore i was about 2 blocks from them workin the nite shift at my old job......freaky s***........we have 100 octane at my local sunoco..it slike 5 bucks a gallon though but on sat nite you always see the big guns fillin up there (freak)

spacemonkey said:
91+ is what the factory recommends and I wouldnt put in anything lower...if you do I suggest you stay out of boost. High octane is used to prevent detonation/knocking. You can read more about it at www.howstuffworks.com

Good gas stations usually have 93 octane ratings. Just dont get too high of a rating with cats like race gas...that will actually dmange your cats
Direct link to "What does octane mean?" article: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question90.htm

...very interesting - i didn't know thats how it worked *enlightened* =)

Latest posts

Back