What modules do I need to install a double DIN deck...

Element

So I am about to install a nav deck into my Speed3 and am just making sure I have everything I need.

Do I need a special module for the BOSE system? I picked up a PAC module to retain the steering wheel controls. In previous vehicles I have had BOSE in I required a special PAC module.

Thanks!

If Crutchfield sells the head unit you're looking at, their not-cheapest-around prices are worth it since they give you all the harnesses/adapter plates you could possibly need.

So I am about to install a nav deck into my Speed3 and am just making sure I have everything I need.

Do I need a special module for the BOSE system? I picked up a PAC module to retain the steering wheel controls. In previous vehicles I have had BOSE in I required a special PAC module.

Thanks!

The following pertains only to the PAC directions, I installed the Pioneer/Sony version but I think that the directions should be the same for all of the no IR PAC units.

First thing that you need to do is print the instructions for the mazda with the proper plug (cant remember which it was, I just printed both, then looked at the factory plug) from their website if you haven't.

Second thing my plug in harness didn't have the wires that I needed (per the pac directions) so I ripped some out, connection lug and all, that I wasnt using in the harness (something like power antenna and such) inserted them into the proper locations on the plug(I think that it was pin 9 and 10 but the PAC directions will tell you) and plugged it into the factory plug. After that I just followed the printed directions, works perfectly.

I remember that I grounded one of the wires, and hooked the other up to a wire on the PAC, then power and ground for the pac I think.

Took me a while to grow the sac but I just grabbed the wire and yanked it from the plug that I bought.

I'm sure that you could make something up but it just seemed easier.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
1st You will need a special plate that lets you retaine the use of your orange screen on top. because you have the ambient temperature. they have them up on ebay sometimes. but here's the link to there web site http://kanack.co.jp/english/TBXE/tbxe_t001.html#big

2nd For your BOSE systeme there are 2 options either bypass the factory amp, or you can control it depending on what HU your running. (just Have To plug The Right Wires a The Right Place

1st You will need a special plate that lets you retaine the use of your orange screen on top. because you have the ambient temperature. they have them up on ebay sometimes. but here's the link to there web site http://kanack.co.jp/english/TBXE/tbxe_t001.html#big

2nd For your BOSE systeme there are 2 options either bypass the factory amp, or you can control it depending on what HU your running. (just Have To plug The Right Wires a The Right Place

The dash piece that I got from crutchfield had the pieces to retain the orange screen, I got the single din unit but the 2din should have them too.

As far as the bose goes you can wire into it with no problems just remember that one notch is two or three when turning the volume up. The only set back is at higher volume it will sound like crap, lots of distortion.

Back