What Mods Do You Want First?

Ki||ian

Contributor
:
2014 Mazda3i Touring
Title says it all. What Mods for the 2014 M3 do you want to see/try first? With the car only being weeks old there is next to nothing available.

Personally I wanna be very careful to not void my warranty so maybe a lowering kit for now.

Title says it all. What Mods for the 2014 M3 do you want to see/try first? With the car only being weeks old there is next to nothing available.

Personally I wanna be very careful to not void my warranty so maybe a lowering kit for now.

Mods I will apply over time once available:
* Lowering kit (Springs/Sports shocks) for a 1.5 inch drop.
* Wheel spacers for a perfect looking stands
* 19 inch rims
* Cold Air Intake

High intensity LEDs (Cree) swap on the halogen fog light, swap all other bulbs to LED that arent already LED, window tint, headliner replacement with alcantera ( eggshell or ivory)

I would like to know how big a spacer I can use for the rear wheels.. To give a flushier look. Because right now I have a enormous gap lol.

Without doubt, the first (and maybe last) mod I'm going to do is install bigger sway bars at both ends. Most folks will think the OEMs are fine, but I like a really flat cornering car because it's much easier to control at its limits.

I'm starting to wonder if the Infotainment system can be installed afterwards by the dealership... Super jealous of everyone that has it!

I intend on getting mine in 2.5 6MT hatchback configuration in a few months (sometime around April or May)
The things I would do if I had cash burning a hole in my pocket would be the following:

-Lowering springs (-1.0 in)
-19" Mazda6 wheels
-European roof rail ditch covers (or whatever the hell those rubber strips are called)
-Roof rack (summer=bikes, winter=skis)

Honestly, that's it. I have yet to try the 2.5 SkyActive, but I get the impression it should be powerful enough to satisfy my needs and my wants. But in case the exhaust is a little too tame...

-Stainless catback w/ slightly more aggresive resonator

Probably in this order:

1. better-looking, hopefully lighter wheels for summer
  2. window tinting (full dark in back, lightest possible front)
  3. thicker rear anti-roll bar to reduce understeer
  4. cat-back exhaust
  5. a reputable, high quality intake system (nothing hanging low down to suck up water)
  6. when the OEM dampers need replacing, Racing Beat springs (hopefully they'll come through with them) and KONI FSD dampers (if available)

Simple window tint and badge removal , for starters.
-edit-
[soapbox] Oh, and exhaust, or at least exhaust tips. Those small diameter tips with a matte finish just doesn't do justice to the rest of the car. Along with the infotainment display, they are the ugliest part of the car. They should be 3-5" - 4", slant cut and polished. The stock tips always look dirty or like pieces of galvanized pipe. [/soapbox]

Last edited:
Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking of the sway bars. Coming from the miata with rx8 bars on it, I'm missing that flat cornering already, and its only been 3 days! Tinting, and badge removal are on the list. I'm also thinking carbon fiber wrap on some of the interior shiny pieces. I like the cf on the steering wheel and want more! Wonder if its possible to do the emblem on the Steering wheel with that.

I'm actually questioning whether this car needs a rear (only) anti-roll bar. It has the least amount of understeer of any OEM front-wheel drive car I've ever driven enough to have a feel for it. I may just skip that upgade and wait for the springs and dampers.

I'm hoping for a hood prop rod eliminator kit. Struts are just better to hold the hood open.

The front sway bar is 7/8" and the rear is 3/4"

Back