What mats would you purchase

karenscar

:
2007 Mazda CX9
read some threads about weathertech, I have used Husky before

Just wondering what everyone is purchasing and what they like, looking for driver/passenger and 2nd/3rd row

I'm going to place an order for the weathertech mats and the cargo tray from the mazda online store. i like that tray because it fits with both the 3rd row up or down

check into lloyd mats as well, they're mostly known in the domestic market because they have licensed logos, but they make perfect fit mats for all makes and models.

I bought the WeatherTech Digital liner for all three rows (third row is usually down). I have the OEM cargo mat for the rear area (rear area + back of third row seats).

Weathertech has a really good fit, their products last forever, and they are very USA proud. They purchase raw material from U.S., all production in U.S., nothing is farmed out overseas. A great company.

I have the Mazda all weather mats. The fit is perfect. The quality is very good (but not great). The installation is a pain (need to slide relatively thick tabs under the seat rails; makes for a good fit but hard to do). The coverage is good but it does not cover the entire floor of the 2nd row (because of the seat rails).

do you have the cargo tray too? do you like it? i'm interested in it because it works with all possible configuration of the 3rd row. is there anything to cover the 2nd row when the seats are down? i'm asking because sometimes i fold all seats and give the dogs all the room in the back.

GGB Mats.jpg

http://www.ggbailey.com/ggbailey/pages/index.grid

do you have the cargo tray too? do you like it? i'm interested in it because it works with all possible configuration of the 3rd row. is there anything to cover the 2nd row when the seats are down? i'm asking because sometimes i fold all seats and give the dogs all the room in the back.

This is the OEM cargo tray that I have. http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx9-cardo-tray.html

It is two parts, one that attaches to the backs of the third row seats and then a second piece that is on the area by the liftgate. So you are protected with a cargo tray in both situations: third row up or third row down.

My only gripe about it is, when I load something into/out of the car when the third row is folded down, sometimes the item will catch on the seam between the two cargo tray pieces. Not a deal breaker, just a little annoying especially if the item is heavy.

check into lloyd mats as well, they're mostly known in the domestic market because they have licensed logos, but they make perfect fit mats for all makes and models.

Nice CTS-V! Might be my next car...(in a few yrs).

I think I will go weather tech, they look good on site also

thanks for replies

I'd go with Weather Tech. Fitment is perfect, and as mentioned above, good ole USA product. I bought directly from thier website.

I have the weather tech digital and they fit perfect. With 3 kids its amazing the amount of stuff that it captures both wet and dry and saving the carpet.

I have for the passenger area the WeatherTech Digitalfit, covering first, second and tird row. I do have dogs and I have no major issues with the dog's hair.

Now, for the Cargo, I choose the OEM. Since OEM cargo is modular, it works on any possible combination you may consider for the cargo area; 3 row down, or up, or 1/2 of the 3rd row down, left or right, it doesn't matter, it will work and you will not need to do any setup every time you decide to use fully or partially your 3rd row. Since it fits with velcro, it does not move or fall at all, and you can choose how tight you want the GAPs to be.

I used to recommend the all-weather mat from Mazda, but no more.
The rubber material does not sustain wear very well. After 3 years,
it develops a hole where my right heel usually is. (moving between brake and gas pedal).
Maybe WeatherTech is better. I might try that next.

The OE cargo tray is a perfect design for me. Apparently it is not water-proof like the WeatherTech since its
has gaps, but it allows 3rd row to pull up. For me, I need the 3rd up 75% of the times.

Just ordered the Weathertech DigitalFit 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rows. I hope to have them by next week.

Back