what is the best blow off valve on the market for the mazdaspeed 6?

SMOKEYS36SHOP

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6
what is the best blow off valve on the market for the mazdaspeed 6? i had just got mine about 2 months ago and wanted to know what would be the best bov with very little to no back firing and stalling. i was looking online and saw that a hybrid bov was the best kind to get...the only 2 that i know of are the turboxs hybrid bov and the Turbosmart Compact Dual Port Blow Off Valve Kit. or should i not even go this route and just get a Forge Motorsport OEM Bypass Valve kit? some one please help me so i dont waste my money . right now i have the aem cold air intake and i love the sound the stock blow off valve gives me...louder is deff better but i dont want any problems in the long run.

Best?? Your OEM one is the best if your stock/near stock... Now if you want the psssshhhh sound with little/no hassle then Id recommend the TXS hybrid BOV. Ive got it and love it...

Best?? Your OEM one is the best if your stock/near stock... Now if you want the psssshhhh sound with little/no hassle then Id recommend the TXS hybrid BOV. Ive got it and love it...

I also own and LOVE my turbo xs hybrid. The turbosmart is twice the price ($400) and it's adjustable, but the beauty of the txs is that you don't need to mess with it. It runs great out of the box.

I have the Turbosmart compact 100% recirculation mode , i had some backfires with the Hybrid mode . I have tryed the Greddy and the Forge but the Turbosmart is the best !

Last edited:
i agree blackwidow, i have the first turbosmart bov the non-compact size...
but i definitely thinks its the best....

i have the forge bpv, no issues and inexpensive :)

Got an amazing deal on a greddy type-s and just installed it. VTA def idles rougher, isn't as smooth off the bat, and seems to lack a bit of torque (I did tune and hold full boost). I figure within a month I will go from loving the sound to hating it, and go back to my turbo xs hybrid!!

i just got my SYNAPSE BOV on my MS3, it sounds amazing, wont leak boost at all, <embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=4d8c60b1-606a-4ddb-9777-9adc00d706b0" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br /><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/my-MS3-SYPNASE-BOV-and_172208.htm"></a>

I've got the Forge and really like it. Inexpensive, unique, and easy to install. Its a total matter of opinion.

has any one had any problems with stalling, rough idle, or back fires with the txs or turbosmart. i like the idea or recirculate with vta but dont want no problems.
or is the only way to be problem free is with a full recirc valve. i just wanna hear pshht, but with no side effects.

I had ZERO issues with my turbo xs 50/50. I had a few issues with my GReddy type-s, but now that I've recirculated it and done the single spring mod, it's running smooth as stock, but with nice shifting sounds. I am thinking about running the same setup (recirculated bov) with the greddy rs when I eventually get tired of the whistle.

So yeah, anything 50/50 or full recirculated will be fine.

go with the synapse bov. cant go wrong with 100% recirc :)

OR, spend the money on the 50/50 that way you can get the best of both worlds lol.

Back