What is that logo on my wheel?

Mace Windu

:
05 Mazda3s Velocity Red 4-door w/ MT, Spoiler, and Sport Pkg
I was cleaning my wheels and noticed this little logo on the outside of the wheels that looks sort of like an MJ squished together. Does anyone know what this designates?

I have the 17" 3s wheels. I know that sometimes car companies will have 3rd parties make parts for the car and not tell the consumer. Does anyone know if that is the case with these wheels?

I'll try to get pics up as soon as possible.

same logo on Mazda3i (GS) and new Civic

i have a Mazda3 04 GS (i trim) with 15" alloys.
Look at the 16" alloys on the new Civic and there is the same logo on both wheels... in fact, they look very similar except for the size.

so i believe that Honda and Mazda are buying the rims from the same company

Mace Windu said:
I was cleaning my wheels and noticed this little logo on the outside of the wheels that looks sort of like an MJ squished together. Does anyone know what this designates?

I have the 17" 3s wheels. I know that sometimes car companies will have 3rd parties make parts for the car and not tell the consumer. Does anyone know if that is the case with these wheels?

I'll try to get pics up as soon as possible.

I believe that all wheels have this symbol on them not just certain manufacturers. It is some kind of an industry standard that the wheels must pass. So that stamp is a seal of approval.

Jonathan

My old 2001 Civic and 97 VW Golf had the same logo.. it looks like the zodiac symbol for Scorpio to me.. sort of an M looking character with an extra hash mark...

I'm thinking Jonathan is right. Now that I've noticed it on my wheels I see it all over the place on all different types of cars.

Back