what I have noticed

AjaxUSA

:
2008.5 MS3 GT Crystal White Pearl Mica
Gents,

If this is a repost for some reason, my apologies. I just finished searching for what I am about to say and could not locate, so here goes...

I just got my Speed 3 this past Sat. While looking her over, I noticed the stock air intake is cramed up front and there is a foam pad over the whole! How does any air get into this intake? I had a K&N on my Hemi and that conical (more oval than round) was HUGE! Does it pay to change teh stock air intake with a MAZDA SPEED one or an ofter market brand.

I am NOT asking what brand as I know this has been discussed, but my concerns are more about the lack of free ai flow to the stock filter. I can see the turbo gets enough air (btw, why is there air flow to the battery? I have never seen that before). Thank you advance for any advice and answers.

one last one...Is the MazdaSpeed cold air intake worth it or should I go after market?

MS CAI has a stop sale for some reason so most are going after market now. My MS CAI has never had an issue and they maintain warranty so it was the best option until now.

For the Battery heat kills them and boils the water which causes it to evaporate and get that crudy s*** all over the terminals. It was a very good idea to vent the battery box to keep it cool so it doenst die fast from the very hot turbo engine bay.

If they saw the need to vent the battery due to the hot engine bay think about your choice for a CAI or SRI. Something to think about.

I got the MS CAI because of the warrenty. I haven't had any problems with it so far. And for the stop sale, they still sale them down in flordia where I live.

A local MS dealer told me they changed some emission things about the CAI and/or the new 08 MS3 which they think caused some issues. Apparently the first run of 07 cars and MS CAI are fine.

How is the emissions in cali? I know they don't like all this aftermarket exhaust mods. I'm moving out there next year and I want to get an exhaust. Do you have an exhaust whitey?

whats the HP gain on the MS CAI? Anyone know if they stopped selling it in NY?

How is the emissions in cali? I know they don't like all this aftermarket exhaust mods. I'm moving out there next year and I want to get an exhaust. Do you have an exhaust whitey?

They are dicks over here. I didnt mess with the exhaust but did take it to a custom shop where the owner was kind enough to tell me to leave it as is. He said he never saw a stock car done so nice and there was only room for noise improvement but no power. The only way to get the power is start doing turbo back but then there go emissions and your warranty so I didnt mess with it.

When it comes to guns and emissions **** Cali, lol. I cant even buy my guns with a different then approved on the DOJ list, and that goes for a different finish on it. :(

That sucks, sucks I have to move out there. Emissions down in florida is awesome. So many nice cars down here

Back